jealous..

KristinaMG

Arachnosquire
I'm jealous of the people with the cool cameras (or lenses?) that can take close up pics of Ts, insects, etc where you can see every detail. My camera takes great pics of my kids..but my Ts, not so much.

Amimia

Arachnosquire
What type of camera do you have? If it's a DSLR, and can change lenses, then you can try looking for a refurbished macro lens that would be significantly cheaper. Also, if you have a point and shoot or a smart phone, there's some sites that will sell "add ons" you put over your existing lens that will give it the macro effect. Lots lots cheaper than a new camera/lens :)

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah I can relate....my phone takes good pics of the fish that I release, which was my only concern at the time I got the phone....and good pics of the dog, but when I take pics of t's, I just get made fun of...pyro, I'm looking your way:):embarrassed:

I see some of the pics from Advan, CEC, protectyaneck, fuzzyavics (to name a few) and I'm simply blown away by the quality, and the close ups are simply incredible.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
What type of camera do you have? If it's a DSLR, and can change lenses, then you can try looking for a refurbished macro lens that would be significantly cheaper. Also, if you have a point and shoot or a smart phone, there's some sites that will sell "add ons" you put over your existing lens that will give it the macro effect. Lots lots cheaper than a new camera/lens :)
Even a refurb macro lens ain't cheap.

The "add on" macro lenses for p&s cams don't work very well, IME.

Amimia

Arachnosquire
Even a refurb macro lens ain't cheap.

The "add on" macro lenses for p&s cams don't work very well, IME.
Very true, but it's cheapER haha
And really? I've heard about them but never have tried them personally. That's good to know

Prle

Arachnopeon
I have some of the snap-on macro lenses for P&S camera and they work good enough because they aren't concave to much. Main challenge in macro photography is to provide good light conditions, otherwise exposition is to long and demands usage of tripod and not moving object in focus.

But to be honest, I took best macros using reverted binocular lens mounted on camera lens.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Yeah I can relate....my phone takes good pics of the fish that I release, which was my only concern at the time I got the phone....and good pics of the dog, but when I take pics of t's, I just get made fun of...pyro, I'm looking your way:):embarrassed:

I see some of the pics from Advan, CEC, protectyaneck, fuzzyavics (to name a few) and I'm simply blown away by the quality, and the close ups are simply incredible.
Sorry buddy im honnest..i may not type in a known language when im on my phone, but at least i speak-ish the truth lmao

As for OP. If you have a smart phone try watching for the MP on a phone when you upgrade.. I have a 16mp if im not mistaken on mine and i can see every hair on the Ts body on my screen if i zoom (but uploading through tapatalk ruins that imo).. But if you zoom with the camera (not on a pic but wiel taking a pic) its always grainey imo so get as close as you can and only wirk with Ts who want to be worked with.. *glares at GBB who is being spastic today and i cant get him into a cup to try and introduce him to my fm*

I do have a Nikon D5300 and it takes great pics. But they have a downside too.. You have to fiddle with settings, distance, zoom lighting my phone and camera have a super yellow light imo. Its. Nothing like natural light nor like shining a light in on them... And if i was to get within inches of a T to get pics.. I have to have the right attatchments on, as well as hope the Ts going to cooperate as i either have to let it bolt, or risk dropping my $1000 camera (including lense) or even better.. Scratch my lense ($70-$300 to fix depending on what one im using according to a repair shop here)

KristinaMG

Arachnosquire
I have a smart phone camera, but when taking pics if my Ts I use my p&s camera, a lumix dmc-lx5. It takes nice pics if the Ts zoomrd out, but I can't get good close ups. I will have to see about something to clip on, I had never heard of that for p&s cameras.

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I found a good DSLR camera at a local pawn shop but it was sold before I could come up with the money it sold for about $300. Sometimes you can't beat pawn shops.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Oh, there's no need for be jealous for that, Kristina. However, i'm jealous too about something. The only people i'm jealous are the Italian "Tony Montana" here who have TONS of money for have their private, illegal but who cares, zoo's.
Damn, i want a crocodile too, a "Gustave" to feed with cows every 15 days (seriously) :(

KristinaMG

Arachnosquire
Okay, I don't mind that this was moved exactly, but it wasn't a serious "tell me what camera to get" post. It was a bored chat post, and I thought Tarantula Chat made sense. Anyway, it seems like this is one of those forums that is hyper organized and you need a flow chart to show you where to post even random bored posts. I find that a little annoying...but I'll deal.