Jamie's juveline enclosure kit for 1" C. Versicolor?

Tcmaraist

Arachnopeon
New keeper here, and first arboreal T. I'm planning on picking up a 1" C. Versicolor sling in a couple of weeks after we move into our next apartment. I'd like to go ahead and set up the enclosure so it's ready to go when it gets here. I'm looking at the jamie's juveline enclosure kit. The only concern i have about it is the cross ventilation, as it only has the wire mesh circle in the front of the enclosure. I'd like the enclosure to be big enough to last a couple molts, but I'd rather not use a quart container since these slings are blue and I'd like to be able to see as much as possible. Could I just poke a couple extra holes in the back of the jamie's enclosure with a soldering iron for cross ventilation? What do you all keep your Versicolor slings in?

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
LOL,please ignore the beer cans.And the Ford Racing cap.

DSCN1259.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
New keeper here, and first arboreal T. I'm planning on picking up a 1" C. Versicolor sling in a couple of weeks after we move into our next apartment. I'd like to go ahead and set up the enclosure so it's ready to go when it gets here. I'm looking at the jamie's juveline enclosure kit. The only concern i have about it is the cross ventilation, as it only has the wire mesh circle in the front of the enclosure. I'd like the enclosure to be big enough to last a couple molts, but I'd rather not use a quart container since these slings are blue and I'd like to be able to see as much as possible. Could I just poke a couple extra holes in the back of the jamie's enclosure with a soldering iron for cross ventilation? What do you all keep your Versicolor slings in?
Buy your own AMAC box- cheaper and can customize yourself. You can't poke holes w/out knowing size of carapace- or they escape!!!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Inverted Amac for me too. Mine was less than 1/2" when I put her in this. Now she is about 1.25". 20200507_170452.jpg

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I got mine and it was less than .5in probably closer to .3in and I had it in an inverted enclosure exactly like @Kitara but this goofy versicolor kept falling off the acrylic and would not web for some reason This went on for a couple weeks. I ended up moving it to a smaller amac box with a flush lid and it for some reason began acting like a versicolor. It’s since molted twice in this enclosure. I will say that a top opening lid has made it really easy to drop prey on and get a feeding response, easier than I was having in the inverted set up in the first few weeks.
My sling has also webbed a top underneath the lid so when I open it the web does not get destroyed. Smart sling!!!!
It’s not growing much with molts but will get a new enclosure in a few more. Sorry for the low res photos. 2CC42AB3-C343-4884-B466-BAEB71196033.jpeg 2AD35613-37B4-486E-B634-5F44E40A4CE0.jpeg