Ivory Millipede morphs and breeding

Diplopodia

Arachnosquire
I have 6 ivory millipedes, 2 purple, 2 normal, and 2 burgundy leg.
They are all in the same enclosure.
Will they breed with each other or are they only attracted to those with the same characteristics?

I'll separate them as I purchase more and can form colonies with the same morph.

Wesley Smith

Arachnoknight
They will almost definitely cross breed, you shouldn’t ever really keep localities together because once they cross breed it’s hard to really know for sure if they are what you think they are or not. That’s the camp I’m in any way and most of the old school guys work like that too, that’s where I got that opinion from and why I stick to it.

Diplopodia

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and separated them by locality in their own enclosures. I didn't even think about being able to identify them if they were to crossbreed. They all have different personalities anyway. The burgundy legs run laps around the other two morphs. I hope to find some Big Pine and Salmon morphs soon. The ivories are beautiful and fun to watch.

Wesley Smith

Arachnoknight
Definitely! Let me know if you’re ever interested in trading or selling some localities I don’t have any ivories right now

underthelibrasun

Arachnopeon
What do you think about Ivories with brachycybe Feathers? As long as I have enough rotten wood for the feathers, of course?

Diplopodia

Arachnosquire
Feathers tend to like colder temps than Ivory's. Flake soil is good for them but I have Rosea's and Producta's I keep them separate and I see them feeding on fungus growing on dry pieces of rotten wood.
Bugs in Cyberspace sells a food called Kinshi they seem to like.
My Producta's are thriving but the Rosea's seem to be more fickle.

underthelibrasun

Arachnopeon
Thanks! I got them from Bugs in Cyberspace and I did buy the Kinshi! Unfortunately, they were dead when they arrived. I think the heat pack was too warm maybe. I am in Houston and it is 80 degrees in the January! He is going to replace them but I am thinking now I should maybe get more Ivorys or Smokey Oaks instead. I also got the Spirobolellus Maui and they arrived fine.

Diplopodia

Arachnosquire
That's unfortunate. I've ordered from there a few times, great vendor.
The smokey oaks are cool. I thought I wasn't going to be thrilled by them but they slick their antennae back when I pick them up and it's the cutest little face ever.

underthelibrasun

Arachnopeon
Oh yes, he sent me new ones and they are just fine! I’ve ordered lots of stuff from
Him. Great guy! Love his videos!

ouroboross

Arachnosquire
I have 6 ivory millipedes, 2 purple, 2 normal, and 2 burgundy leg.
They are all in the same enclosure.
Will they breed with each other or are they only attracted to those with the same characteristics?

I'll separate them as I purchase more and can form colonies with the same morph.
Its not harmfull in any way to keep them together but if you do keep same species but differnet phases (morphs) together, do not sell the pedelings. its best to keep a species as pure as it is or every millipede in the future (in the usa obviously) would be some random mix and never how they were ment to be

Its not harmfull in any way to keep them together but if you do keep same species but differnet phases (morphs) together, do not sell the pedelings. its best to keep a species as pure as it is or every millipede in the future (in the usa obviously) would be some random mix and never how they were ment to be
@dry dessert im talking about in the united states because they are banned from being imported here. so the only reason we have exotic millipedes here is because of breeders that have kept the generations

Diplopodia

Arachnosquire
@dry dessert im talking about in the united states because they are banned from being imported here. so the only reason we have exotic millipedes here is because of breeders that have kept the generations
I have them separated. I hope to establish colonies and I appreciate the differences in each of them.