i've nailed it down to these 3...

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
its come down to these three as my first pede...so i'm gonna need some help in choosing. It's either a Vietnamese Giant, a Malaysian Cherry Red, or a Chinese Red Head....
and now for the questions about these....
which one of these is the most active?
which one of these doesn't spend there entire time underground?
and which one will i more than likely be satisfied with being a newbie pede owner?

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Static_69
its come down to these three as my first pede...so i'm gonna need some help in choosing. It's either a Vietnamese Giant, a Malaysian Cherry Red, or a Chinese Red Head....
and now for the questions about these....
which one of these is the most active?
which one of these doesn't spend there entire time underground?
and which one will i more than likely be satisfied with being a newbie pede owner?
Well, you'll likely find that all 3 you listed are going to be equally active, especially in the way of defensive attitude.
Same goes for the time they spend hiding. Most centipedes are comfortable either buried or hiding under a tight, flat crevice. You will still likely see them more often than say a Haplopelma though.
As for what may satisfy a new pede keeper, maybe the "Malaysian Cherry Red" Scolopendra sp. would be a good choice. Of the 3 you mention, they are the most stunning in my opinion.

On a side note, there is some debate about what sp. of pede is good for beginners and such. Technically, there isn't a good starter sp. The couple species I'd recommend for beginners (S. polymorpha or Alipes/Trachycormocephalus sp. - Feather tail centipede) are looked past in favor of the pure intensity of a giant subspinipes and the like. So, if you have no interest in an easier pede to start out with and wish to go straight to the the big boy pedes, I would recommend you do as much research as you can before acquiring one. No question is foolish in regards to giant Centis. Read up on bite reports and any other keeper's experience you can find too. I always tell people interested in their first pede that they have no idea what they're in for.

Best of luck in choosing and keeping a new pede. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Atrax