I've discovered a change in one of my T's...

WolvesInSpaceMarines

Arachnopeon
My first T, "SpiderBro" (I'm not original haha), molted successfully a few weeks ago. Since then, he's developed a bluish color to his legs and a darker overall appearance to his body and he's more "leggy". I can even see a bit of the curly hair coming in (he's a T albo)! I've also noticed that he has started to cover up his "viewing window" on the side of his enclosure, which he has left open since I've had him, despite sealing the large entrance at the front of the cork bark hide he has. He also created a small hole, which I caught him climbing out of last night and roaming around his enclosure, which is something he hasn't done since I've had him! He's still small, about 1.5" DLS (I'm still not good at that). I know that they tend to change with each molt, but it's fascinating, and kind of fun to see, how much they change each time! I'm excited to see what happens with my others, particularly my "Avicularia hamorii" (he's a B. hamorii, but is climbing on the sides of his enclosure about 60% of the time, so I've nick-named him that). What kind of behavior changes did you notice in your T's after they molted?

edit: mods I messed up. I meant to post this in the chat forum.Sorry about that!

Last edited:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
My first T, "SpiderBro" (I'm not original haha), molted successfully a few weeks ago. Since then, he's developed a bluish color to his legs and a darker overall appearance to his body and he's more "leggy". I can even see a bit of the curly hair coming in (he's a T albo)! I've also noticed that he has started to cover up his "viewing window" on the side of his enclosure, which he has left open since I've had him, despite sealing the large entrance at the front of the cork bark hide he has. He also created a small hole, which I caught him climbing out of last night and roaming around his enclosure, which is something he hasn't done since I've had him! He's still small, about 1.5" DLS (I'm still not good at that). I know that they tend to change with each molt, but it's fascinating, and kind of fun to see, how much they change each time! I'm excited to see what happens with my others, particularly my "Avicularia hamorii" (he's a B. hamorii, but is climbing on the sides of his enclosure about 60% of the time, so I've nick-named him that). What kind of behavior changes did you notice in your T's after they molted?
Pictures would help in analyzing.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Oh I wasn't looking for analysis. Sorry should have been more clear. Just was sharing something that I found interesting. :) I appreciate the help, though!
Ah I see.

The changes that they can undergo from molt to molt can sometimes be very striking. My G. porteri did that to me many moons ago. Went from a dull and abused unimpressive thing to a truly striking specimen in her own right.

20200401_072253.jpg

In the future it would probably be better to post threads like this in the Tarantula Chat section which is more dedicated to "chatting" and such about them.

WolvesInSpaceMarines

Arachnopeon
Ah I see.

The changes that they can undergo from molt to molt can sometimes be very striking. My G. porteri did that to me many moons ago. Went from a dull and abused unimpressive thing to a truly striking specimen in her own right.

View attachment 338947

In the future it would probably be better to post threads like this in the Tarantula Chat section which is more dedicated to "chatting" and such about them.

Dang it. I thought that’s the sub forum I was in. Sorry for the confusion

WolvesInSpaceMarines

Arachnopeon
Is it a mature male?
I actually am not sure. He/she is still a sling so I’ll have a long time to go before I’ll know for sure. But I’m probably going to keep the name regardless of the sex lol. It’s kind of grown on me. I managed to snap a pick last night. You can’t really see the hairs or the bluish grey color, but here he is, in all his glory (or her glory). Hopefully it shows up. I’d say he/she is about 2” dls now.

Attachments