Itty bitty P ornata

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey all,

Well I just got my healthy lil' P ornata slings in from Jason (protectyaaaneck) :clap:. Man, they're fast little dudes :eek:. I've noticed they sit "pokie-stanced" all the time- immediately saw the reason behind the description . Wow! One thing that really stands out is that the front legs look proportionately longer in person than from photos. They're also nearly invisible on the peat. Sorry, no photos now :( but will keep y'all updated on progress and more photos at a later date in my photo or other threads. Cheers,

:)

Terry

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the new ornatas.. They really are great.. Glad to hear they made it to you alive & well..

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Tommy, Thanks. I figured they would. I'm going to try small crix later today. We'll see what happens. :) Terry

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are awesome eaters.. Mine have tackled a mealworm that is huge compaired to them.. Its great! :D

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Congrats on your new slings! First shot at Poecilotheria and you go straight for the ornata, eh?

I actually have two coming from him as well, plus a 5i E. cyanognathus. :)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You do know when these guys mature we are going to have to get them together.. :D

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Toni, Yep, although not thaat big a leap. I've dealt with a few things in my years that were faster, some more dangerous. I just think they're an awesome sp behaviorwise after researching a small handful of pokie sp. I'll admit my interest might be considered slight bit superficial on another point- in that they get huge. What can I say....I like my theraphosids BIG {D

Terry

p.s They're tiny now but nonetheless amazing..........

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Did you get some from Jason also? Can you breed two from the same sac? I was wondering this the other day but haven't run a search yet. :eek:
Yeah.. You can breed 2 from the same sac.. IF the male is still alive when the female is ready to breed..
No.. I didnt get mine from the same sac as Terry.. I did however get mine from Jason though.. Just not.. The same Jason.. LoL! I got mine from Sharpfang..

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
No.. I didnt get mine from the same sac as Terry.. I did however get mine from Jason though.. Just not.. The same Jason.. LoL! I got mine from Sharpfang..
Tommy, That part of it was temporarily a conundrum. {D{D

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Yeah.. You can breed 2 from the same sac.. IF the male is still alive when the female is ready to breed..
Thanks for that info, Tommy. I wasn't sure how that worked with Ts.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love my ornata also! I like how they get greenish, stands to me from the other pokies. Although for my next one I want a P. rufilata :D Bigger & greener!

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lol, I don't know about itty bitty, these guys are huge for 2nd instars. Almost 1". My E. cyanognathus and A. versicolor were about 1/2" when they were at 2i.

Enjoy your slings Terry! Crossing my fingers that they all turn out female for ya. :)

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Jason, Thanks. Yeah, I'll agree they're big for such a young spider- and wouldn't that be crazy if they all turned out female!? I'm hoping for at least one male for myself and Tommy's group as well so they can mix n match. Statistics say I probably won't be disappointed for lack of males {D

On feeding-I just tried partial crix a little while ago. I'm going to check later before dark to see if any takers. Otherwise, I'll be headed out to get some smaller crix or mealworms.

:D

Terry

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jason, Thanks. Yeah, I'll agree they're big for such a young spider- and wouldn't that be crazy if they all turned out female!? I'm hoping for at least one male for myself and Tommy's group as well so they can mix n match. Statistics say I probably won't be disappointed for lack of males {D

On feeding-I just tried partial crix a little while ago. I'm going to check later before dark to see if any takers. Otherwise, I'll be headed out to get some smaller crix or mealworms.

:D

Terry
How many did you get again...3 or 4? Either way.. My 4...Your 3 or 4... Plus a bigger one that Jason said he is going to be sending me.. Thats a total of what...7 or 8... 8 or 9... I have a good feeling that between that little group.. We will be having some pairing up in the future... :D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would have sent him more but he only wanted 4. :p
Surely 1 out of 4 is going to be female.. :cool: Hopefully more... But if not 1 female is better than all males...

If he happens to get all males.. And I get all females.. I can take a 45 minute drive to swap some critters with him... :D