Itsy molted again

Mara

Arachnopeon
My little sling that i bought as a G. rosea, but once it molted turned out to be something else (a G. pulchripes according to members of this board :D ), has just gone through the second molt in my care. It was little over a month since last, and this time I almost witnessed it...
I came home to see it do the last pumping movements, still on its back, already free of the old molt.

I snapped a quick (crappy) pic of it resting on its back, didn't want to disturb.

Once flipped over, I took a slightly better pic.

As you can see, it's currently sitting on its molt, so I have to wait with getting it out of there to compare with the previous one :rolleyes:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats... Cant wait to see some better pictures of it.. :)

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He won't be "Itsy" for long! :D

Last edited:

Mara

Arachnopeon
Thanks guys :)
And no, the little bugger is growing fast, I'll have to think up a new name soon :D

Here's another pic, not that much better though. It's still being a little shy... Seems it darkened a little more as well.

And here's a comparison between the molts.

It's catching up to the G. rosea sling I bought at the same time (and that actually still looks like one {D ), which was twice as big at least. Waiting for Bitsy to molt as well, but seems like it's just being a typical rosie and refuses food for no reason :rolleyes:

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awww, I named a jumping spider Itsy. Your little one's a cute fuzzball.