It's STILL ALIVE?!!!!!!

Crowbi

Arachnopeon
I gave my AF G. "Northern" a dubia roach about 2 hours or so ago. She immediately tackled it and held it with her fangs and I guess, started to eat.

Well, I went to check on her and the dubia is STILL alive and she is STILL holding it with her fangs.

What the?!

basin79

ArachnoGod
I gave my AF G. "Northern" a dubia roach about 2 hours or so ago. She immediately tackled it and held it with her fangs and I guess, started to eat.

Well, I went to check on her and the dubia is STILL alive and she is STILL holding it with her fangs.

What the?!
Roaches have been known to "live" days without a head.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
This has popped up a couple of times recently that I have seen, though I forget which species each case involved. If they are all the same then I wonder ...

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
I have seen my A geniculata eating a large superworm the thing was alive and trying time bite back .. Romeo held it firmly in its fangs and munched away for over half hour.
it was weird and cool at the same time

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
Could just be slow eating it, I wouldn't give it much concern unless it was like that after 24 hours. The tarantula could have just been annoyed with it and I just holding onto it who knows