It's so cute!

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
So I have a tiny little E.sp red. It came in a tiny vile that it had made an elaborate home in. This home in a vile bothering me for a bit. So I thought a new home, but a really nice tiny home would be just the thing. So I made this. It's 1 1/2 tall and 2 1/2 round. I will be replacing the lid when I get a smaller drill bit. IMG_0220.JPG IMG_0223.JPG IMG_0218.JPG

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
It tackled it and rolled with it and is holding on for dear life to keep it subdued lol.:D

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
So it thinks it's a P. scrofa. Now if it only grew at that rate.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
It was true scrofa style!!! It eats like a gremlin! Please, please, please grow like one. But alas I fear I will be 80 by the time it reaches an inch.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
So I have a tiny little E.sp red. It came in a tiny vile that it had made an elaborate home in. This home in a vile bothering me for a bit. So I thought a new home, but a really nice tiny home would be just the thing. So I made this. It's 1 1/2 tall and 2 1/2 round. I will be replacing the lid when I get a smaller drill bit. View attachment 231309 View attachment 231308 View attachment 231306
Pretty cool setup. I've been using 2oz short condiment cups for he tiny slings I've gotten lately. They are a little taller than the one your using but with added sub they seem to like it. I've not been able to add a water dish but with the moist sub I'm not overly worried.

I'm not sure I'm up to growing one of these from that size. :)

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
I tried raising that species from that size a while back. It's good that yours is eating, because I had a tough time getting mine to take food. I tried everything! I had it for about a year. It never molted in my care, and eventually died:(

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I love those pictures!

I have multiple E. Sp. Red slings. I obtained all of them as 1/4". I haven't been lucky enough to catch mine eating anything so it is enjoyable to see a picture. I have been forced to give pre-kill for the most part because most of them are burrowing quite often. In fact I can usually see almost all of mine in the bottom of the 5.5 oz deli cups (burrowed to the bottom of the cup).

Mine do eat though because I can tell they are growing (but very slowly). I think their growth rate is exceeding my Aphonopelma 1/4" slings.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I tried raising that species from that size a while back. It's good that yours is eating, because I had a tough time getting mine to take food. I tried everything! I had it for about a year. It never molted in my care, and eventually died:(
I love those pictures!

I have multiple E. Sp. Red slings. I obtained all of them as 1/4". I haven't been lucky enough to catch mine eating anything so it is enjoyable to see a picture. I have been forced to give pre-kill for the most part because most of them are burrowing quite often. In fact I can usually see almost all of mine in the bottom of the 5.5 oz deli cups (burrowed to the bottom of the cup).

Mine do eat though because I can tell they are growing (but very slowly). I think their growth rate is exceeding my Aphonopelma 1/4" slings.
I've been feeding my tiniest C. sp Hati Hati slings cut up pieces of dubias. I was feeding them the tiny 1-3 day old nymphs but they seem to like a larger one cut up into small pieces better. I've not tired to raise one of these from a tiny sling but my Yellow female likes prey much smaller than herself.

Good luck.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I've been feeding my tiniest C. sp Hati Hati slings cut up pieces of dubias. I was feeding them the tiny 1-3 day old nymphs but they seem to like a larger one cut up into small pieces better. I've not tired to raise one of these from a tiny sling but my Yellow female likes prey much smaller than herself.

Good luck.
I have been cutting mine up in pieces that are smaller than the T as well. Since my 5.5 oz deli cup is over sized I also place the cricket pieces in different quadrants of the enclosure just in case the T doesn't go to the same spot to locate food. I prefer the over-sized deli cup over any smaller cup since it keeps me from disturbing the T (flexing the plastic of those 2 oz condiment cups) and allows me to control moisture a little easier.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Jeff23

Arachnolord
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I see you got your exe back running.

george bacon

Arachnopeon
Pretty cool setup. I've been using 2oz short condiment cups for he tiny slings I've gotten lately. They are a little taller than the one your using but with added sub they seem to like it. I've not been able to add a water dish but with the moist sub I'm not overly worried.

hi im very new to this im trying to find phone number for bugs.net. placed an order and havnt heard anything. no email, no littleone nothing. trying to email them does not work

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
hi im very new to this im trying to find phone number for bugs.net. placed an order and havnt heard anything. no email, no littleone nothing. trying to email them does not work
If you mean Net-Bug, then you have no other option than this:
http://www.net-bug.net/contactus.htm

It's not a company, just a single person. So there is no phone number. If you have any other questions, PM me. Hijacking threads is... frowned upon :p

Jeff23

Arachnolord
My computer doesn't show a site called bugs.net. Are you talking about net-bug.net perhaps? If so, how long ago did you place the order?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I have been cutting mine up in pieces that are smaller than the T as well. Since my 5.5 oz deli cup is over sized I also place the cricket pieces in different quadrants of the enclosure just in case the T doesn't go to the same spot to locate food. I prefer the over-sized deli cup over any smaller cup since it keeps me from disturbing the T (flexing the plastic of those 2 oz condiment cups) and allows me to control moisture a little easier.
With the small jello shot style cups the lids fit really tight on the cups. The cups themselves are pretty thin. I've found it helpful to make 6 or 8 cuts around the lid to reduce the amount of pressure needed to take the lid off and put it back on. I don't cut it all the way but just to the snap part where the cup and lid meet. This lets me flex the lid to get it off and on without having to hold the thin cup too tightly. It is also fits tightly enough so I don't have to worry about a small sling pushing it open.

Just like with any other deli/condiment style cup you need to ensure it's closed properly so there isn't an escape.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron

Come on @Trenor you can do it lol. I got those containers from Jo Ann's fabric in the bead dept.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Awe sorry to here that. Ya I'm lucky this little guy eats very well. Tackles everything!!!