It's my turn! (package arrival - B. jacksoni)

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So, despite the Post Office being a frustrating institution, my 2nd and 3rd instar Babycurus jacksoni arrived today!! :D

The colors are BEAUTIFUL on them. I can't wait for them to mature -- I want to try out a small colony.

In the deli cups after unpacking:

And after removal of paper towels:

Here's individual pictures of the five of them: {D

I love the attitude of these guys! Four of the five accepted prey. Here's one of the 2nd-instars with a mini-mealworm:

I think this is one of the 3rd-instars with a slightly larger worm:

I like how it's metasoma showed up in this picture:

Some shots of the others enjoying their meal:

Going for the kill: {D

So what does everyone think of my new babies? :)

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
they are beautiful. I had some b. jacksoni 2nd instar that didnt make it. 3 died after a day, probably due to stress, and then the rest died about a week apart of each other. They would never eat for me. I tried everything..good luck to you though, they are amazing scorps

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Those are some awesome scorpions you received there! :clap:

Awesome picture quality too! :worship:

Thaedion

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my fav

b. jacksoni are my fav scorps, I'm going to get some, someday.. i really like them! my best reguards and raising them!:} :}

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Nice!
I've been trying to get a communal group together with no success. Last summer I ordered 3 and two didn't survive shipping, I still have the third. I recently bought a couple at over 2", figuring they would be good together by that size, that lasted all of two day's.

Be cautious as to what size you introduce them to communal life...

Bill

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
what instar were they? I heard a lot of people have problems with communities at less than 4th or 5th

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks for the comments, everyone! I'm actually surprised at how well all the photos turned out.

figuring they would be good together by that size, that lasted all of two days. Be cautious as to what size you introduce them to communal life...
:eek: I'll remember that.

what instar were they? I heard a lot of people have problems with communities at less than 4th or 5th
my 2nd and 3rd instar Babycurus jacksoni arrived
I wasn't planning on introducing them until they're older, and then making sure there's plenty of munchies to go around.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah, i meant bill when his ate each other. So you got them today, and they are already eating? do you use mealworms for everything or did you try any crickets?

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I bought them at that size so I can only guess what instar. My guess was that they were at least 4th. My original one is at least 3rd or possibly even 4th instar and is much smaller, if that means anything. I've never been able to find any information on what size range they should be at what instar.

Bill

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah i agree....thats weird though, and it sucks...b. jacksoni would make a nice communal setup if they tolerated it like some others..

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, i meant bill when his ate each other. So you got them today, and they are already eating? do you use mealworms for everything or did you try any crickets?
Well, now I feel dumb. :8o :cool:

I didn't have any crickets, so I offered the mealworms first. I have a lot less trouble rearing them anyway.

Lori's got some B. dubia roaches, so when they're bigger I'll see if they like 'em. My other scorps don't like roaches unless they're really hungry.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
haha its all good....i havent tried mealworms yet...only because im scared they will burrow, and the scorpion will never find it.
I cut my meal worms then offer them to the scorps when I do feed them to them. Also if they do burrow, don't worry, they will mature into beetles and be crawling around sooner or later. :p

Thaedion / Michael

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great looking little jacksoni's! It's almost impossible not to like these guys! :clap:

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good luck with 'em Mike, even though you have both (as I did also at first) the I3's going to I4 is such a big molt, it was sweet. Make sure you put a piece of bark in there ;). Mine perfer to hunt upside down from it.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks! I can't wait to see 'em grow. So you think I should put some bark in the deli cups with them?

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I3 to I4, eh? Anyone still reading this?

So I gave 'em some pieces of cardboard to hang from, and I noticed one guy in premolt about a week ago.

Taken Monday:

I kept checking on him, and I finally got my first scorpion molt yesterday! :D

zoom

Here's a better split-screen view showing the comparison. That's so cool how much he grew.

And just for kicks, here's another one chowing down on a tasty cricket.

zoom