It's like a scab I wanna pick!

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My female B. Vagan molted earliet today and she got everything off but the part where the carapace is attached to her abdomen. Now the carapace is off but it's just up in the air and the part on her abdomen is still attached. When should I think about trying to help her out with it? She started her molt at about 11:00am

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just gently take the skin and pull up lightly. If it comes off great, if it seems to be stuck on there good dont pull anymore,you might have to do some things to losen up the molt.
Warm water works well, applied with a q-tip.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im worried that if I grab it she might take off running and have a ripping effect. Im going to give her over night to get it off but how should I go about it without hurting her?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Good thing its an adult right? If it were a sling, stress would kill it. Not saying that the stress wouldn't kill your female, but slings get stressed alot more! So ya, I would do what Ryan said. Just try to gently tug on it and if it doesn't come off, just pour warm water onto a Q-tip and gently apply it to the area it seems stuck, then try sliding off the molt. Good luck.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Im worried that if I grab it she might take off running and have a ripping effect. Im going to give her over night to get it off but how should I go about it without hurting her?

That is a risk that might have to be taken, but waiting overnight can also bring a bigger risk. If the T doesn't get it, the molt will dry onto her abdomen.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah she's an adult. She keeps rubbing across the ground trying to break it loose. Now you got me worried she's going to die

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Haha, she will probably get it off. Don't worry she won't die with a molt stuck to her if it does end up getting stuck. If I were you I would try the warm water/Q-tip technique and if that doesn't work or if she runs away, just leave her be overnight. Oh, and congrats on the molt.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks....I got it off the top part but there might be a little on the bottom part where her lungs are but I can't be certain. I have a male waiting on her so I wanna be sure everything goes ok.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
She's not going to die from a molt stuck to her abdomen. Not unless it's stuck underneath across all her book lungs. Try the water, and if that doesn't work. Wait a couple days. The molt will become brittle as it dries and she'll be able to break it off herself.