It's impossible... Honest

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So here's the reason it's impossible. today I decided I was going to order 2 new enclosures as I need to rehouse a couple of Pamphobeteus nigricolors. Well off I head to a well known enabler of my addiction and order the enclosures I need.
But wait despite my best intentions of I am not ordering any tarantulas this month (yeah right) I accidentally added an Avicularia braunshauseni 2cm sling to my order and this is all because I spotted 32oz deli cups and remembered I had 3 spare already.

So if any of you guys know of a tarantula dealer/breeder where they keep the stock list of tarantulas under a secret password lock can you point me in the right direction. Last month I meant to order the enclosures and came away with no enclosures but I did get a female M robustum juvenile so it wasn't all bad. Next month ill need another enclosure so expect a report on how I ended up with a T stirmi or an A genic or something completely random. But I do love this hobby,

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Haha I know exactly how you feel, I'm planning on ordering 5 T's and realized if I ordered one more I would get free shipping so I went ahead and picked out other I wanted lol. Figured I was paying for a T or paying for shipping

BossRoss

Arachnosquire
Glad I'm not the only one who does this.... The inner child in me puts all these lovely, expensive Ts into the shopping cart and the adult in me is like; "and how do you intend to feed yourself for the rest of the month...put that back right now". Inner child "...but I want another, I must have another...". Most time the child in me throws a tantrum and gets his way.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
All I can say is self restraint not that I'm a good role model the only thing that's keeping my house from being overrun with new Ts it the lack of the money so go to work tell your employer you would like a pay cut LOL:D

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All I can say is self restraint not that I'm a good role model the only thing that's keeping my house from being overrun with new Ts it the lack of the money so go to work tell your employer you would like a pay cut LOL:D
I can't take a pay cut. I've only just had a pay rise of 5 tarantulas per week so it would make me an hypocrite lol

crlovel

Arachnopeon
My justification is simple. Even though I have two roach colonies, I still buy tiny crickets for my slings. Also, I don't carry cash. I'm sure as hell not putting $2 on a credit/debit card. My enabler has kindly thought to offer many slings for sale, and by adding one of these to my bill, it makes it that much easier to use my credit/debit card to pay for my crickets. And that's why I now have 50 tarantulas since February.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
My justification is simple. Even though I have two roach colonies, I still buy tiny crickets for my slings. Also, I don't carry cash. I'm sure as hell not putting $2 on a credit/debit card. My enabler has kindly thought to offer many slings for sale, and by adding one of these to my bill, it makes it that much easier to use my credit/debit card to pay for my crickets. And that's why I now have 50 tarantulas since February.
50 since February :astonished: you know they have a name for people like that its hoarder LOL that's awesome I only wish I had that meany