its getting out of hand.....

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm a student, about to pay to work next semester, so buying anything needs serious deliberation. My collection doubled last month in a single day, but I didn't pay for anything but the cost of raffle tickets. I was going to stop at 50 spiders for a few years prior to that, but fortune conspires against logic. I'd rather not pay for spiders these days, so I can't be against that.

Spiders are pretty minimal compared to herps. My Box Turtle alone probably downs as much food in a week as it takes spiders half a year to eat. I'll be getting in a $150 enclosure for my Reticulated Python in a day or two. I was worried she had a respiratory infection in June and $80 disappeared for a checkup that resulted in her being diagnosed with a shed. She's one of six snakes, but the rest aren't so problematic. Last November, I decided to stop adding reptiles after I got the Retic so I could save up to study abroad next year. I've somehow managed to avoid getting more and downsized a bit even.

It's not so much the cost as it is being tied down by all these animals though. Bit unrealistic to consider moving to an apartment closer to school at this point or move out in any form. Oh well, at least I can avoid blowing $600 a month on rent for the foreseeable future.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I spent lots, you only live once. In this hobby well over 3 grand. With one of my cars as a hobby over 17 grand. Now on another car which is a restoration:eek:

I don't look at the money i spend on my hobbys. If I did, I probably would not spend as much.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't look at the money i spend on my hobbys. If I did, I probably would not spend as much.

That's a good way to look at it, and true, you only live once.

But my problem is this- let's say I have around $3000 in the bank, total. Let's say that's what I make each month in pay. My bad habit would be dropping $1000 of that money on herps/arachnids shortly after receiving the total sum. That's what I feel is a true addiction. Or maybe just stupidity.. lol.

Shaka

Arachnopeon
I'm in South Africa, so about $1.50 LOL!!!

But seriously, I have spent about R1200.00 which is about $170.00 - Not much at all, but I got most of my T's for free, but then again I only have 12. Some peeps here have like 100's and some even 1000's like the breeders...

Must be nice...

S

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's a good way to look at it, and true, you only live once.

But my problem is this- let's say I have around $3000 in the bank, total. Let's say that's what I make each month in pay. My bad habit would be dropping $1000 of that money on herps/arachnids shortly after receiving the total sum. That's what I feel is a true addiction. Or maybe just stupidity.. lol.
Of course responsibility is always first. In order to live once you have to take care of important things. And with whatever is left, with moderation and patience you can have it all.

Took me 10 years to spend $17,000 on my car. But I never deviated from my desires.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Of course responsibility is always first. In order to live once you have to take care of important things. And with whatever is left, with moderation and patience you can have it all.

Took me 10 years to spend $17,000 on my car. But I never deviated from my desires.
Well, I always have enough to manage every month, I just need to learn to save some as well... :wall:

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't even want to know how much I've spent, but I can't say that my T's haven't been worth it! :)