It's a girl!

Satu

Arachnopeon
My lovely B. boehmei, Socks, moulted this weekend. Mr Satu and I were lucky enough to watch the whole thing (and take many blurry pictures) -- what an amazing process!

In any case, today Socks finally stopped sitting on top of the old exuvium and I got to pull it out, soak it in soapy water and poke it with needles -- and there is definitely a flap. Hurrah! Hope she'll be with me for a long time!

Here she is now in all her slightly out-of-focus, brightly coloured glory:

Lolita

Arachnoknight
congrats i'm hoping gaia my B boehmei ends up being a girl as well she's due to molt anytime gotta ask though how'd she get the name socks

Rue

Arachnoknight
Neat!

All I take are blurry pictures too...lol...

No patience to try and do better with my point and shoot...:D

Lolita

Arachnoknight
Now you're just turning me on :}
lol i imagine purchasing spider stockings might be costly cosidering their about 20$ a pair so to fully stocking a spider it'd be around 80$ plus some matching gloves for the pedipalps lol i bet socks would look nice in some fishnets :p

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
lol i imagine purchasing spider stockings might be costly cosidering their about 20$ a pair so to fully stocking a spider it'd be around 80$ plus some matching gloves for the pedipalps lol i bet socks would look nice in some fishnets :p
Don't forget about the nipple clamps! Or should I say "epigastric furrow clamps"....
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Lolita

Arachnoknight
Don't forget about the nipple clamps! Or should I say "epigastric furrow clamps"....
:clap: :clap: :clap:
haha socks doesn't come across to me as a kinky spider but maybe we should toss her a very tiny little riding crop she can whip a male with before copulation and her getting bored of her mating life and eating him. okay i'm done being weird now -looks innocent-

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cool! I have a baby so it's going to be a LONG wait before I see the colors. :wall::evil::8o

Lolita

Arachnoknight
Cool! I have a baby so it's going to be a LONG wait before I see the colors. :wall::evil::8o
how big is yours my sling is an inch and a half and already showing coloration so might not be as long as you think granted no where near as pretty as my 4 inch one but still showing color

Satu

Arachnopeon
Eesh, post a perfectly innocent thread, go to bed -- and look what it's turned into! ;)

Anyway -- thanks, everyone!

And yes, she's called Socks because she looks like she's wearing socks, and because I have been informed by my other half that "Pippi Longstockings" is not an appropriate name for a tarantula. (This from the man whose spiders are mostly called "Spidy" or "that one". :rolleyes:)

Lolita

Arachnoknight
Eesh, post a perfectly innocent thread, go to bed -- and look what it's turned into! ;)

Anyway -- thanks, everyone!

And yes, she's called Socks because she looks like she's wearing socks, and because I have been informed by my other half that "Pippi Longstockings" is not an appropriate name for a tarantula. (This from the man whose spiders are mostly called "Spidy" or "that one". :rolleyes:)
lol my rose hair female was originally named spidy when i got her

Satu

Arachnopeon
lol my rose hair female was originally named spidy when i got her
Oh, I've nothing against the name, it's just -- all 12 of them..?

(I'm not being entirely fair, I admit: he's started naming them, one by one; he just doesn't find names as important as I do!)