It won't come off... look!

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey, my curly hair s'ling has not finished that abdomen part of her molt.. I'm not sure if it will ever come of, untill next molt, It looks like it's on there pretty good, any surgery of me trying to remove it might hurt her. Here are a few pictures, check it out, and let me know if it being there posses any serious threats to its health. Thanks.

Attachments

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
another..... check out the flightless fruit gly under her legs... it's life has ended now ;P

Attachments

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
molt

umm.... how long did you wait after the molt to feed her/him

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
she/he molted on Feb. 25th so it's ok... it hasn't been fed in a while! i just go more fruit flies today, i posted before about this, and most peopel said it would fall off, but its still there and i'm looking for a little more information.. thanks..

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
mayb it will just come off in the next shed? :)

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well if she/he is moving around alright and eating well I dont see how it could harm her/him.
You could prolly try snipping it.
But at the rate s'ling molt she/he will prolly throw it off next roll through.
I don't know about any problems there might be with anything getting under that, but I hope the experts know those answers.

NorthwestInverts

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have always lightly misted it down daily with lukewarm water and it will usually peel right off no problems within a few days. (sometimes a few hours) Seen that lots over the years, only once or twice maybe I wasnt able to get it all off but you should get that carapace off of it for sure, so it will not get it stuck on something. If it's been a long time since the molt, it will be harder to loosen up. It is much easier the day of the molt of course but I have removed it up to a week or so later with the misting of water on it.

take care, Dean

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Deans right,
Take your paint brush and put a drop of water on it, and it should pretty much fall off. If not, you can try to wipe it off while its still wet with said paint brush.

Ernie

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
My thoughts are...since its not covering her book lungs, from what I can tell, it wouldnt pose an imediate threat ! It would be good to get it off though, carefully if u can. I would follow the advice stated above.

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks everyone, I'm going to try that... where's my paint brush? I'll find it!! I'll post later and let you know how things go. Thanks again.
Mike

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i don't think anyone reads this thread anymore, its kind of old BUT if you do... GOOD NEWS!!! The rest of the molt fell off!! :):):):):):):) yay! Thanks to everyone who helped!