It was so amazing

8 legged

Arachnoprince
they had just to kill it so no one would ever, ever see it again in the woods. Wish aliens would land, hunt and mount Tara in a big garbage heap.

It makes me sick to look at those stupid faces!

I know the clip below is probably a fake, but it's very satisfying!

Last edited:

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Not saying that excessive hunting and fishing is ok. Especially the hunting and fishing of endangered animals. But what do you value more a human or a animal. What’s worth more. I would save a human over any animal any day and any time. I value humans over every single animal.

Pa Uchok

Arachnopeon
Reading the article, she missed the first shot and the buck came back, offering her a "better" shot, yet she still hit too far forward to be quickly lethal, and left a 900 yard blood trail.
She took the shot, fatally wounding the poor beast but not killing it outright, then went to have breakfast while it expired, presumably in agony. "Callous" doesn't begin to cover it. I only know one deer hunter (I'm UK based) and he and I don't see eye to eye on much, but to his great credit he would be as apoplectic as I am on reading this.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
they had just to kill it so no one would ever, ever see it again in the woods. Wish aliens would land, hunt and mount Tara in a big garbage heap.

I am a hunter and most of my meat throughout the year is venison. If I would have seen this deer, I would have taken it no questions asked, they are bad for the gene pool often associated with other genetic defects, including poor hearing, vision and physical disabilities. Even having jaw deformation in some. I have seen whitetail deer with 5 legs in the wild. Any deformation should be culled even if it is pleasing to your eye.

Personally this is no different than a slaughterhouse killing cows or hogs, so unless you are a vegetarian what differs? Just because the color of the animal?

It is a beautiful animal though.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am a hunter and most of my meat throughout the year is venison. If I would have seen this deer, I would have taken it no questions asked, they are bad for the gene pool often associated with other genetic defects, including poor hearing, vision and physical disabilities. Even having jaw deformation in some. I have seen whitetail deer with 5 legs in the wild. Any deformation should be culled even if it is pleasing to your eye.

Personally this is no different than a slaughterhouse killing cows or hogs, so unless you are a vegetarian what differs? Just because the color of the animal?

It is a beautiful animal though.
This is animal was a leucistic, not albino.

Provide data to support your claim that leucistic deer have many other genetic issues?
Leucistic animals see perfectly fine, they have normal eyes, not red eyes.

This is not an albino.

I let nature run its course. It’s not the same as a slaughterhouse, animals raised for slaughter.

This fella was out there minding its own biz.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter

Provide data to support your claim that leucistic deer have many other genetic issues?
Leucistic animals see perfectly fine, they have normal eyes, not red eyes.

This is not an albino.

I let nature run its course. It’s not the same as a slaughterhouse, animals raised for slaughter.

This fella was out there minding its own biz.
Isn't that what Michael Jackson had? It might have started chasing fawns around.

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Why does it matter though? If we truly are a greater being of evolution then why not destroy the weak and genetically mutated? After all it is a weaker species and I bet that one deers death will not alter our climate to much. The strongest will survive. Even greater why does it matter if we truly do not matter and are byproducts of a chemical reaction? If you put it that way killing this deer means nothing. If this world is destroyed or survives it’s simply meaningless. What is good? What is bad? What is right? What is wrong? After all whatever decision we make seems pointless since we have no purpose.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Why does it matter though? If we truly are a greater being of evolution then why not destroy the weak and genetically mutated? After all it is a weaker species and I bet that one deers death will not alter our climate to much. The strongest will survive. Even greater why does it matter if we truly do not matter and are byproducts of a chemical reaction? If you put it that way killing this deer means nothing. If this world is destroyed or survives it’s simply meaningless. What is good? What is bad? What is right? What is wrong? After all whatever decision we make seems pointless since we have no purpose.
Suddenly I feel like singing a Kansas song.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
leucistic and piebald animals are naturally occurring among almost all animals.

They are not inferior other than color and pattern by all info I’ve come across. I have a piebald animal.

They rarely make it to adulthood as they are easy to spot.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +

He's not wrong sir, atleast in a general sense. Leucism is one of those genes that does have some disabilities associated with it in other species. We have the genetics to make leucistic carpet pythons, but no one does because it's a kill gene and the offspring won't survive more than a few months. Lillith, the leucistic king cobra owned by NERD just recently passed away and her necropsy revealed gout to be the cause. The het leucistic king cobra also owned by NERD and the clutch mates of that het haven't exactly thrived either and there's a theory that those carrying that leucistic gene also carry another gene that negatively effects how they process urates.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
He's not wrong sir, atleast in a general sense. Leucism is one of those genes that does have some disabilities associated with it in other species. We have the genetics to make leucistic carpet pythons, but no one does because it's a kill gene and the offspring won't survive more than a few months. Lillith, the leucistic king cobra owned by NERD just recently passed away and her necropsy revealed gout to be the cause. The het leucistic king cobra also owned by NERD and the clutch mates of that het haven't exactly thrived either and there's a theory that those carrying that leucistic gene also carry another gene that negatively effects how they process urates.
That is interesting!

The problem is no one actually knows how many genes are involved. Take pied BPs, no issues last I knew.All we know there is the trait is recessive. But how many genes contribute?

Pure pied BP don’t have pattern or color phenotype changes on the head. That’s really odd when you think about.

I think that’s really interesting info, thanks for the correction.

My pied below-CB, 50% WC genetics 48FE3B72-CAC3-40F4-A6AB-AB837D3A4334.jpeg

Last edited:

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
leucistic and piebald animals are naturally occurring among almost all animals.

They are not inferior other than color and pattern by all info I’ve come across. I have a piebald animal.

They rarely make it to adulthood as they are easy to spot.
Inferior to humans I mean.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Define superiority. Intelligence? Accountability? Deer don't rule the world, but they can't blow us all to bits either. At least not that I'm aware of. :confused:

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
That is interesting!

The problem is no one actually knows how many genes are involved. Take pied BPs, no issues last I knew.All we know there is the trait is recessive. But how many genes contribute?

Pure pied BP don’t have pattern or color phenotype changes on the head. That’s really odd when you think about.

I think that’s really interesting info, thanks for the correction.

My pied below-CB, 50% WC genetics View attachment 410073
Beautiful BP, pied are my favorite coloration of them all. Here is one that I had years ago. The other picture is of my normal one. If I ever get another it will be pied or coral glow pied.
7CA4A588-DAF1-4195-983E-79FE81BC0AF4.jpeg 70EA8624-CA05-4C00-AE85-D3206357CA7E.jpeg

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Define superiority. Intelligence? Accountability? Deer don't rule the world, but they can't blow us all to bits either. At least not that I'm aware of. :confused:
Great question. It all comes down to how you define it. How you view it. I can say a cheetah is more superior because it’s faster. Can say birds are superior because they can fly. Evolution shows a world without meaning. Therefore who decides how to truly define anything. My definition would be intelligence which gives us supreme strength but my belief is humans are distinct. I don’t think we are simply mammals of high intelligence. I believe humans are something greater, something deeper, something more profound. The way we act, feel, think. The ability of complex deductive reasoning. It truly begs the question. What is mankind? I have my own belief.

Evolution shows that I can’t really answer your question truthfully because what gives me the authority to be the dictionary. In fact, who is the true authority in our lives. All I can do is give you my opinion.