IT HAS ARRIVED!

TRection

Arachnoknight
Everyone, say hi to the new little baby "Carnage" :D

Snapchat-1658697791.jpg

There is a very shiny brown patch on her abdomen but im assuming thats from kicking herself bald during shipping :rofl:

TRection

Arachnoknight
I turned all the lights off and filled the water dish, when should i feed her, should i wait a couple days?

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
For little slings I just wait a day maybe two at most if they're acting weird, of course check her butt.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I usually offer food when I house them. Leave it in over night just like any other feeding. If they don't eat take out the food and try again in a few days.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
you can try right away, but ive never had that work. i like to wait a few days.

TRection

Arachnoknight
OK thanks, ill try tonight and see what happens, for a 3" T how often should i feed? once a week?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
It depends on how much you feed it at the time. You want the abdomen to be nice a plump without being way over-sized. I usually feed mine a med dubia once a week at that size.

TRection

Arachnoknight
It depends on how much you feed it at the time. You want the abdomen to be nice a plump without being way over-sized. I usually feed mine a med dubia once a week at that size.
would one superworm a week be ok?

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
I just realized that the OP has the best name ever. Haha.

As far as feeding at 3 inches, just watch the butt. Make it plump but not fat like he said. Easy peasy.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
would one superworm a week be ok?
Yeah, should be good. Crush the head before you put it in so it doesn't burrow. If you notice the abdomen start getting large then feel free to skip a week or two till it goes down some.

TRection

Arachnoknight
Yeah, should be good. Crush the head before you put it in so it doesn't burrow. If you notice the abdomen start getting large then feel free to skip a week or two till it goes down some.
She doesn't seem to want food right now, but i crushed the head of the superworm and just left it at the entrance of the hide. Do they eat dead prey like that? And how long do they noramly hide away after being rehoused? she hasn't moved a muscle since she went in there lol, im assuming it will take a few days.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
She doesn't seem to want food right now, but i crushed the head of the superworm and just left it at the entrance of the hide. Do they eat dead prey like that? And how long do they noramly hide away after being rehoused? she hasn't moved a muscle since she went in there lol, im assuming it will take a few days.
Most of the time a T wont eat food right after it's put in. Leave it in over night and it'll likely be gone in the morning. If not take it out and wait a few days to try again.

A lot of my Ts have eaten right after being unpacked into their new homes but there are some who don't. It doesn't really hurt anything to drop a feeder in and see if they want it.

Haemus

Arachnosquire
Yours looks about the size of mine and I feed my genic half a super every week and treat it to any leftovers as they're quite voracious. I second @Trenor's stance on feeding based on the abdomen size relative to the carapace.

As long as the head is crushed I see no problems in feeding the day you house. Congrats on the monster BTW :)