It Came!....it Finally Came!

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i just got in my shipment from Swifts!.....im SO happy....i got:

GBB, Asian Cheveron, Usambara, and for my freebie i got an H. Gigas! I couldnt believe it when i opened it up and saw a Camroon Red!.....I love the way kelly packaged and everything....I am so happy!

the GBB and the H. Gigas r tiny little ones...probably about .5".....and the Usambara and Asian Chevy are about 3/4".

these r the smallest slings that i have had before.... so i have a few questions.........

1)can i feed the 3/4" inchers a mealworm?
2)Where can you usually get pinheads?.....b/c i think that im going to need them.....i wasent expecting THIS small.

Thanx for any responses

Bridget

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hiya,

Congrats on your new arrivals! We get our pinheads at Petco. I think most petstores have em though. Rick will put some pinheads in a film container and put them in the freezer, then disperse them to the tiny slings. Once the slings are about 2 inches he will give them live pinheads. (Hon, correct me if I'm wrong)

Hope that was somewhat helpful :)

Bridget

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dont know if im right or wrong, since im just starting out.. wouldnt buying big Crics, freeze em, and chop em into small pieces for them be easier? and cost less... i think
:rolleyes: I dunno, id think it would be easier.

Last edited:

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey disturbed one.... i never even thought about that...ive heard it metioned before....but didnt even think about using it for this!

Joanie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've fed my slings pieces of adult crickets or else small (but not pinhead) crickets with their heads smushed. Just put the piece or freshly dead cricket in a place where the sling is sure to encounter it. I've only had 2 slings that were small enough to need to be fed this way, but it worked really well with both of them.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Joanie
I've fed my slings pieces of adult crickets or else small (but not pinhead) crickets with their heads smushed. Just put the piece or freshly dead cricket in a place where the sling is sure to encounter it. I've only had 2 slings that were small enough to need to be fed this way, but it worked really well with both of them.
I agree.
You might also consider supplementing their diet occaisionally with small pieces of beef heart.

Jon

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thank yall for all the replies!..... keep um coming!...... all 4 r doin great.... i gave a piece of cricket to the GBB and H. gigas and the gigas has already taken it.

One question i have..... and im not really worried...but some1 please comfort me.... i put my Usambara and Asian Cheveron in their habitats and all they do is sit at the top of the cage. the Cheveron's substrate is pretty moist....and the usambara's is just a little moist...... i think this is just one of those "getting to know ur encloser things"

Mad Scientist

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you choose to put live pinhead crickets in , just make sure you get it out if they don't eat it the first time. Our H. lividum was a sling, and the next feeding day we went to check on him/her all there was, was 1 pinhead cricket and 4 H. lividum legs. That was back in the day when I didn't think a cricket could kill a sling. :( But now I'm more cautious.

Last edited: