it came from furrballia

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Scutigera coleoptrata

I remember these guys running around in my ancient highschool which is now a historic building, recently my significant other shriekd for me to get one of my bug jars, (an old betta cup) and come in the bathroom where I was greeted by one of these intresting fellows.

now, I have kept normal centipedes and am used to the OMGFOODEATITNOW! response, and the touchy responses when proded, this guy however, just, sits.

I have done some research on them and decided to try termites as a staple food, and have been eagerly awaiting a feeding response, (since they are one of the few pedes with highly developed vision)

Suggestions?

Its currently kept in a small deli container (is under 1inch leg span.) with torn paper towel, slightly moistend, to mimic the area it was found in (bathroom under the sink) it was offered a fly, a dead dricket a dead fly, and now live termites.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
mine would take live prey a bit bigger than their head and prekilled crix of a much larger size. i also just watched (and filmed) mine eating the "meat" of a corn kernel i put in for a couple of the little crickets that were rolling around it's cage

they generally *are* quite reactive. i count them among the quickest and fastest centipedes... my little ~1/2-3/4"BL is too quick to free handle without taking escape precautions... i think it is faster than an equivalent sized scolo

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hm perhaps this one is parasatized or gravid, it is quite fat and taking water readily, however, still no feeding response, however, yes, they are incredibly fast, unbelievably so, an OBT has nothing on these guys.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well, if it is still fat i guess it might not be hungry (something gruesome not withstanding)

mine seems to have a bit of a higher metabolism than an equivalent sized polymorpha so i would expect a normal fat one to slim down in a week or so. when i kept these before they seemed much more inclined to thirst or starve to death in a 7-10 day period... which is kind of what made me think they are faster than polymorpha