It ate!

CS2x

Arachnopeon
There I am, wating for it to eat a single cricket for two weeks...then it decides to eat all the three locusts I put in its cage today! Oh, and another thing...are Rosies meant to be this tame? I've never had experience with tarantulas before, and I heard they are "fairly" tame, but mine will let me pick it up and it'll walk over me with no trouble...is that normal? :)

Thanks.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rosies are a very docile and good beginner species so it is not that unusual that it will let you handle it. THere are exceptions though. SOme can be mean. Mine is very gentle but right after a molt for like a month when she is really hungry she is very mean.

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ah yes, rosies are one of the best in my opinion. They are one of the calmer species, rarely kick hairs and essentially never bite except when seriously harassed. I hold mine daily. some days she is calmer than other days, but she is always calmer than some of myother Ts.

Another nice handling spider, so I heard, is the Texas Tan (Aphonopelma anax). Just got one a couple days ago and it seems eaven calmer than my rosie.

Have fun!

Bryan

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Jacen, my newly aquried rosea is showing the same attitude :) i thought her to be an usumbara trapped in a rosea skin, but after having eaten around 20 crickets and a pinkie she's becoming more and more calm :) she's still an awesome hunter though.. almost feel sorry for them crix..

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My A. Seemani finally ended a 2month fast last night and ate as well, it only took one cricket.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by CS2x
There I am, wating for it to eat a single cricket for two weeks...then it decides to eat all the three locusts I put in its cage today! Oh, and another thing...are Rosies meant to be this tame? I've never had experience with tarantulas before, and I heard they are "fairly" tame, but mine will let me pick it up and it'll walk over me with no trouble...is that normal? :)

Thanks.
My rosea eats probably 6-7 large crickets a week. She's about 4 inches long, and far from molting, from what I can tell atleast. She has not calmed in the slightest, and is still a demon.

Bill

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by schlinkey
Jacen, my newly aquried rosea is showing the same attitude :) i thought her to be an usumbara trapped in a rosea skin, but after having eaten around 20 crickets and a pinkie she's becoming more and more calm :) she's still an awesome hunter though.. almost feel sorry for them crix..
Hey, I've known a few humans that behave that way. Maybe I should try feeding them crickets and pinkies. =D ;P

Bryan

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
!

i remember when my avic would never eat! i know how you feel after it finally ate! Good Luck!

James