It arrived!

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My new friend - G. pulchra arrived today. It is about 1/2 inch and it already ate baby crix. It jumped right on it when I through it in the baby jar. I also got a freebe. A B. vagan (Mexican red rump). It is slightly smaller and already started to burrow. Well, I'm set for awhile now and enough buggers to keep me busy. I decided to name the G. pulchra "Santana". How do you give these little guys water?

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think we came up with our signatures around the same time. Eerie similarity, isn't it? Though mine looks more like a vampire bat.

I have a larger G. Pulchra sling, 1 1/4", and mist the sides and substrate edge of its container. I read that they get most of the water they need from their food, especially if you feed the crickets something moist - but any additional water they can get off the substrate or sides of the container.

I read that you can begin to use a water dish when they get 3".

Last edited:

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Congrats Dad! :D =D :D
Tranz is right, no need for water dish yet, just keep the substrate moist (not soggy) and mist the sides. You can feed the little fellas as much as they'll take in one sitting. I bought a couple of the redrumps with my last order and as tiny as they are they each take 3 or 4 pinheads each feeding! And the redrumps do love to burrow!
Good luck with your babies and never be afraid to ask us here for any help you might need.

Gail

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey Al,

I got a free redrump myself. I got by setting in front of this screen reading all these fun posts all day. Ha Ha ;P ;P :D

Ern