It’s beginning to look a lot like… molt month?

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
I think I had molts this month from:

a few o. Philippinus,
a few t. Albopilosus,
t. Albopilosus ometepe,
p. Sazimai,
p. regalis,
p. metallica,

I got a few other species in premolt I think.
Does the ometepe look any different yet ?

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I’ve had 6, maybe 7 this month with a few in premolt. Starting to slow down as they get bigger. My largest are 4 - 4.5” at the moment.

Being an arachnophobe, I’m actually really enjoying seeing the growth. The .5 - .75” T. panama’s give me more jump scares than my 4.5” G. iheringi. The panama’s are crazy food aggressive and charge when filing the water dishes. One is so psycho it literally plays with its food by catching and releasing. I’m worried for my life when they max out, and they’re small anyways. 😳

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
I’ve had 6, maybe 7 this month with a few in premolt. Starting to slow down as they get bigger. My largest are 4 - 4.5” at the moment.

Being an arachnophobe, I’m actually really enjoying seeing the growth. The .5 - .75” T. panama’s give me more jump scares than my 4.5” G. iheringi. The panama’s are crazy food aggressive and charge when filing the water dishes. One is so psycho it literally plays with its food by catching and releasing. I’m worried for my life when they max out, and they’re small anyways. 😳
I want to see your panama play with its food 😂

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Knowing your climatic/house and enclosure conditions would be interesting!

To see if something triggered the molts, like storms, central heating activation, substrate moisture... 😄

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
Knowing your climatic/house and enclosure conditions would be interesting!

To see if something triggered the molts, like storms, central heating activation, substrate moisture... 😄
They're kept in my room, which hovers between 69 - 75F (20.5C - 23C, roughly), central heating has been in use on and off since early October. No major storms or atmospheric pressure, besides the fact that it freaking snowed this morning.

Substrate moisture is very dependent on the species. My GBB's are kept dry with a water dish that I overflow a tiny bit when I see they're close to a molt but my Theraphosa apophysis has moist substrate where I let the top layers dry out a little bit before moistening again.

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
Ending this phenomenal molt month with a bang!

One of my T. albo slings molted the night before last and my Brachy just flipped over maybe an hour ago. Good thing I did a tiny (read: didn’t even soak to the bottom of the substrate) overflow of it’s water dish this morning so it has a bit of extra moisture in the air.

Looking forward to seeing the Brachy’s fresh new colors since its adult colors started peeking through after the last molt.

MotherofDragons

Arachnopeon
D. pentaloris just joined the molt cult. I haven't SEEN my N. chromatus yet, but the prey that disappeared for the first time in two (maybe 3?) weeks a few days ago was deposited back at the entrance to it's burrow this morning. It was feeding day again, so I am hoping to catch a peek.

My house is generally hovering within a few degrees above or below 80. Slings are in the warmest room. I had a few of my bigger slings (1"+) in my master bathroom which gets pretty dang cold (to me!) in the low 70's overnight I would guess. I am planning to get a small space heater for that room this year. When I've seen premolt in those ones I moved them to the warmer room. Maybe that is pointless, but it felt right.

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
D. pentaloris just joined the molt cult. I haven't SEEN my N. chromatus yet, but the prey that disappeared for the first time in two (maybe 3?) weeks a few days ago was deposited back at the entrance to it's burrow this morning. It was feeding day again, so I am hoping to catch a peek.

My house is generally hovering within a few degrees above or below 80. Slings are in the warmest room. I had a few of my bigger slings (1"+) in my master bathroom which gets pretty dang cold (to me!) in the low 70's overnight I would guess. I am planning to get a small space heater for that room this year. When I've seen premolt in those ones I moved them to the warmer room. Maybe that is pointless, but it felt right.
Mine hover around the high 60’s to mid-70’s year round, so I don’t imagine low 70’s would bother them. Especially since the vast majority of mine have decided it’s time to molt, apparently 🤣

MotherofDragons

Arachnopeon
Mine hover around the high 60’s to mid-70’s year round, so I don’t imagine low 70’s would bother them. Especially since the vast majority of mine have decided it’s time to molt, apparently 🤣
Oh, I'm sure it doesn't bother them. It bothers me :rofl: I've lived a few places. 60 in Colorado is not the same as 60 in California; I can't tell you why. It's practically desert here, it's always HOT! So when it's cold it feels freezing. I think we were close to 90deg today :embarrassed:

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
Oh, I'm sure it doesn't bother them. It bothers me :rofl: I've lived a few places. 60 in Colorado is not the same as 60 in California; I can't tell you why. It's practically desert here, it's always HOT! So when it's cold it feels freezing. I think we were close to 90deg today :embarrassed:
That’s fair 😂 I’ve lived in Maryland and Georgia and Georgia 65 is way warmer than MD 65, which is probably because Maryland has a cold 65 and a warm 65, depending on the time of year.