Resolved Issue with typing on site.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
A couple of weeks ago I noticed a strange issue where I was incapable of backspacing on my posts as I was typing them. I noticed this same bizarre issue on another forum too. Basically any time I hit the back arrow to erase something I typed the keyboard will vanish.
It actually prompted me to get a new phone as thr old one was 4 years old and it was time.

Now the issue appears to have returned even on my brand new phone. Am I the only one experiencing this??

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Happening to me as well, for the last 3 or 4 days. I've tried rebooting my phone, clearing browser history and cookies. Nothing worked.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Count me in to the weirdness as well.
Also on my phone, using Chrome and the gboard keyboard, every time I press enter to space out a paragraph it closes my keyboard. Only on this site not in other sites/forums

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Count me in to the weirdness as well.
Also on my phone, using Chrome and the gboard keyboard, every time I press enter to space out a paragraph it closes my keyboard. Only on this site not in other sites/forums
For me it's doing it on another Forum as well

I am glad to hear that it's happening to other people so that it's not an isolated incident only with me. I guess now the big question is how it can be repaired. Clearly some part of the software on the site is not Cooperating with mobile devices. The fact that it's also happening to me on another forum as well that uses the same software as this one shows that there is some correlation with software.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
If you click on the settings button on your post window, you may be able to backspace, but you won't have access to bold print, emojis, italics, etc.
I haven't been on any other forums so I can't say it's been an issue for me.
Glad to hear it's not just me, drove me nuts the last few days thinking I was the only one and I didn't know how to fix it.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Just looked into this. Looks like it's an issue with the latest build of chrome:

In other words, we're going to have to wait for the browser to be fixed. Chrome is aware of the issue and is supposedly going to be issuing a hotfix for it, but no ETA :(

In the meantime, one "workaround" is to turn off the Rich Text Editor on the devices having the issue. This can be done by clicking the "Toggle BB Code" button in the toolbar:

1599321221209.png

Of course, that will also, unfortunately, turn off all the advanced formatting settings of the toolbar.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Just looked into this. Looks like it's an issue with the latest build of chrome:

In other words, we're going to have to wait for the browser to be fixed. Chrome is aware of the issue and is supposedly going to be issuing a hotfix for it, but no ETA :(

In the meantime, one "workaround" is to turn off the Rich Text Editor on the devices having the issue. This can be done by clicking the "Toggle BB Code" button in the toolbar:

View attachment 358968

Of course, that will also, unfortunately, turn off all the advanced formatting settings of the toolbar.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause
You can always switch the rich text on and off as needed while posting:cool:;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Chrome is crap- nothing but a Google privacy violating snooping tool

Get iOS :troll: ;)

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
If you're still experiencing the issue, I need to know which browser and the application version number.

I also would need to know what keyboard app your phone has.

I can personally confirm that the version of chrome mentioned above has fixed the issue for me.

On a side note, pretty much all the major browsers (other than apple) are based on chromium (chrome, firefox, edge). Since the bug is with chromium, you will, unfortunately, need to wait for the developers of your browser to update their software to use the fixed version of chromium (if they were building their apps on the bugged version). At least I think that's how it works.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,
Scott