Isopod substrate

Jan22

Arachnopeon
Hello:) Recently i got into isopods and i bought a few Zebra isopods so far they are doing well. I've been having them for a few weeks.So I decided to get more and im getting cubaris panda king and st lucia. Did some research about limestones and im just confused. Is Dolomitic limestone safe for isopods? What about the powder version of limestone? Does it have to be the expensive organic ones or can i just get the ones that says lime powder/calcium hydroxide? Any advice would be helpful><

DytiscussorDaur

Arachnopeon
I haven't heard anything about dolomitic limestone, but I've heard people like to use whole rocks/pellets of limestone from gardening shops.
Powder should work fine as long as you know it's pure. (no pesticides or weird plant food stuff)

Wish you luck with your pods!

Jan22

Arachnopeon
I haven't heard anything about dolomitic limestone, but I've heard people like to use whole rocks/pellets of limestone from gardening shops.
Powder should work fine as long as you know it's pure. (no pesticides or weird plant food stuff)

Wish you luck with your pods!
Thank you so much for sharing! I'll go check out the gardening shops then><

FrmDaLeftCoast

Arachnosquire
Hello:) Recently i got into isopods and i bought a few Zebra isopods so far they are doing well. I've been having them for a few weeks.So I decided to get more and im getting cubaris panda king and st lucia. Did some research about limestones and im just confused. Is Dolomitic limestone safe for isopods? What about the powder version of limestone? Does it have to be the expensive organic ones or can i just get the ones that says lime powder/calcium hydroxide? Any advice would be helpful><
Limestone has many uses, it's added to soil in order to raise its pH. A certain version of limestone is added to muddy areas in order to harden the soil.