Isopod in tarantula enclosure

arachnobay

Arachnopeon
Hi guys is there a slight chance that the Ts will eat the isopod that lives in her enclosure? My springtails went almos extinct. Thanks

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
It will probably not eat them if it’s a larger T. But an ideal enclosure for a brachypelma should not be moist enough for isopods to thrive. If you want to incorporate isopods, you should look into tropical scorpions or moisture dependent tarantulas so both animals can be comfortable and happy in a good environment. The isos won’t get eaten but they will more than likely dry out and die in an enclosure with a Brachypelma species.

arachnobay

Arachnopeon
I
It will probably not eat them if it’s a larger T. But an ideal enclosure for a brachypelma should not be moist enough for isopods to thrive. If you want to incorporate isopods, you should look into tropical scorpions or moisture dependent tarantulas so both animals can be comfortable and happy in a good environment. The isos won’t get eaten but they will more than likely dry out and die in an enclosure with a Brachypelma species.
I see. Thanks.. Then i will try to do it in my nhandu and lasiodora sp. And heterometrus scoprs. Thanks

You have isopods in Brachypelma enclosure? Interesting.
I would like to try. Because of mites, i keep them moist due to we have a very hot summer here in the Philippines. And my enclosures already have holes on the top. So water evaporates easily. Thats why i keep them moist, but not so moist.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I

I see. Thanks.. Then i will try to do it in my nhandu and lasiodora sp. And heterometrus scoprs. Thanks
Heterometrus is perfect for it! I have two heterometrus sp. with dwarf white isopods. They thrive together!

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
Most of my spiders are pretty indifferent when it comes to isopods, but I do have a couple that will try (and fail) to eat them.

xXTristinaXx

Arachnobaron
Brachypelma with isopods? where is this moisture coming from for them to survive. kinda sus. Also 5-6 in seems pretty big to eat tiny isopods.
I would like to try. Because of mites, i keep them moist due to we have a very hot summer here in the Philippines. And my enclosures already have holes on the top. So water evaporates easily. Thats why i keep them moist, but not so moist.
Oh, just use water bowl, no need to moisten

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
Depends on the size of the enclosure, but normally only a couple so they can clean up any dead prey that didn't get eaten or plant matter.

arachnobay

Arachnopeon
Brachypelma with isopods? where is this moisture coming from for them to survive. kinda sus. Also 5-6 in seems pretty big to eat tiny isopods.

Oh, just use water bowl, no need to moisten
Ok thanks. Ive seen 1 video in yt that uses isopods.on desert scorpion sp. And she didnt eat the isopod. Lol