Isolation days passtime...

Sgt7212

Arachnopeon
I caved in and offered the new sling a piece of waxworm. It grabbed after about 1/2 hour so everything appears A-OK thus far.
Can’t hurt. Worst case, they don’t eat it because they aren’t ready yet. Best case they get a good meal in them and replenish any fluids they may have lost in shipping.

Huckleberry

Arachnopeon
Can’t hurt. Worst case, they don’t eat it because they aren’t ready yet. Best case they get a good meal in them and replenish any fluids they may have lost in shipping.
Yes, this one appears in fine shape, but his abdomen needs some plump!

Sgt7212

Arachnopeon
Yes, this one appears in fine shape, but his abdomen needs some plump!
I hear you on that. Overnight, the T. albo, B. smithi and E. campestratus all ate their pre-killed mealworms. This morning the GBB sling is munching on a pre-killed cricket. So they will all have plump butts soon.

On a side note, I started looking up M. robustum after your post. They are impressive, beautiful T's. I may have to put that on my list.

Huckleberry

Arachnopeon
I hear you on that. Overnight, the T. albo, B. smithi and E. campestratus all ate their pre-killed mealworms. This morning the GBB sling is munching on a pre-killed cricket. So they will all have plump butts soon.

On a side note, I started looking up M. robustum after your post. They are impressive, beautiful T's. I may have to put that on my list.
This new CGRL just grabbed a small crushed cricket and has started a little burrow depression in its hide. So far, it is pretty chill and not skittish at all. I have named it "Escobar"-yes, I am one of those people that give their Ts names!!

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
I was convinced one of the slings had managed to escape because I hadn't seen it last night. Little booger decided to dig a burrow under the moss!

I haven't seen the other much either, I presume it did the same since it was headed into the moss at the time.

You set up a nice house with some cork bark and a starter burrow....kids, man. So ungrateful.

Huckleberry

Arachnopeon
Well, my new Columbian Giant Redleg sling that arrived yesterday ate a piece of waxworn and a small crushed cricket. Today it built a barrier to its hide and is socially isolating. Looked a little thin to be pre-molt so figure it is just settling in... Picture attached.

Attachments

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
Just finished picking the deceased mealies out of the container while yelling "BRING OUT YOUR DEAD! BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!".

I think the isolation is beginning to make me a bit peculiar. Or more so, anyway.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Isolation made me put up a new shelving unit for some enclosures, not set up with everyone yet, but now I’ve got some room to put everyone up on in my living room. Moved to a smaller apartment and needed somewhere to put everyone. EE893252-6A86-4DC4-89CB-58E4FE5AE131.jpeg

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I have 1,500 images on my phone. So I spent a few hours sorting images and categorizing all my spider images into various folders.