is this weird?

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my t is hanging from the screen of his aquarium by one leg, he's just hanging there....i left to go play video games for 15 minutes and i came back and he's just hanging there, not doing anything...i'm wondering if he's stuck or if i should do something:confused:

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah...they get stuck like that. There are little hooks on the ends of their feet and they get hung up on the screen. What kind of spider is it?? You can just lift the lid carefully and slide something, like a magazine or envelope underneath it so the T can free itself and then lower it back on the substrate. This can be avoided by raising the substrate to where the spider can always reach it, even from the top. We had this problem w/an adult A. seemani. Once we raised the substrate, the spider stuck to burrowing instead of wandering.

Now I recently had the pleasure of waking up to an adult female T. blondi in this situation. I tried to unhook her without having to open the lid, but that just made her mad. I was all alone at 7am and 9 months pregnant, so this was fun. That spider hissed louder than any other tarantula I have ever heard and started flicking hairs. She actually managed to crawl across the lid to where the substrate was high enough for her to reach. I was just glad I didn't have to try and mess with her so early in the morning.

-Jill

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
its a seemani, i got it unstuck with an ink pin....it doesn't seem to want to burrow. i think he/she is lazy (like everybody else in our apt :D )