Is this viable for sexing juvenile Poecilotheria?

HunHun Straup

Arachnopeon
Found this photo on google images..not sure where it came from {sorry!} Just wondering if this a viable or semi-viable way as to determining the sex of Poecilotheria sp. without a molt.

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Sure thing sexing most pokies ventrally is easier than other sp but I'm not sure about the diagram you provided. Males will have less space between the top pair of booklungs, but there is usually the dot visible on the furrow.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Found this photo on google images..not sure where it came from {sorry!} Just wondering if this a viable or semi-viable way as to determining the sex of Poecilotheria sp. without a molt.
Males will have dot by the anterior book lungs, sometimes it's a raised part of the exoskeleton. Below is a 2" male P rufi. I would look at many images BEFORE I would rely on a diagram to be quite honest. There's a lot of variability. Only by looking at many pictures (unless you see a dot) do you get a feel for some of the things mentioned in sexing, such as distance of book lungs etc

HunHun Straup

Arachnopeon
Thank you very much for your replies. I'll have to take a few ventral photos of some of my pokies as well as look for differences two of the same sp side by side if I am lucky.