Is This TRUE?? (rosea)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well... all T's go through certain changes in coloration/markings as they mature from sling to juvie to adult. G. rosea are much less pronounced in this than many other species. Are you confusing the differences between color forms with changes that take place with maturation?

If you want to see some reall cool color changes with growth, have a look at Pamphobeteus, Avicularia and GBB's. They are awesome that way.

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not quite sure what your asking...

But when my red color phase male molted mature he went from brown with a redish tint to a brilliant pinkish red.

Generaly all Ts will dull in color when approching a molt and be fresher and more brilliant after a molt. Also most T's start pretty colorless as slings pink/white etc... with some having different markings. Then as they grow they start getting "adult colors" - Some T's though are brilliantly colored as slings (babies) then may change colors as adult Avicularia vercicolor is the most stricking color change that I'm aware of - going from a bright blue as a sling and changing to a mix of colors as an adult.

check out the picture gallarys here. :)

jgod790

Arachnoknight
No, the "shades" on "intensity" of the color might change with maturing and molting, but if you have a pink G rosea, it is staying pink, if you have a red G rosea, its staying red, etc. There are several different colors among G rosea, but they do not change.

m0nay

Arachnopeon
thnk you for your replies. but ive seen one picture here in this site , when the rosea molted, its red color turned into pinkish. i dont know why, so im having problem if i shud realy buy this kind of pet....:wall:

jgod790

Arachnoknight
Well what are you looking for? If your looking for a pet that changes color, Id go with one of those lizards that change color. But G. rosea can be really nice tarantulas to have. Especially if you want one you can easily handle and "show off" with out worrying about getting biten or anything. But I mean if you want a tarantula with really vibrant colors, your best bet would be an old world species, but you cant ( or at least you REALLY shouldnt ) handle old world. But if your looking for cheap, easily handled, easily cared for, low maintence tarantula, then G rosea is PERFECT. There color is the most vibrant, but its not just plain old boring brown. Some rosea species are almost black, some are brown/red, most are brown/pink. More of a salmon color then pink in my opinion.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The OP didn't say anything about looking for a chromatophoric pet. There are plenty of people that would disagree that a rosie is good for handling. And there are plenty of colorful NW species. Please stop trying to pass your limited knowledge off as that of an expert.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
The OP didn't say anything about looking for a chromatophoric pet. There are plenty of people that would disagree that a rosie is good for handling. And there are plenty of colorful NW species. Please stop trying to pass your limited knowledge off as that of an expert.
i agree pretty much all brachypelma's are more colorful plus theres GBB's and a bunch of other things that don't come to mind a 2am

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well if you're thinking of buying an advertised RCF sling borne from RCF parents, don't be too sure. Not ALL their slings turn out to be RCF.

m0nay

Arachnopeon
im not finding any more colorful tarantula. my point is, im scared that my RCF rosea when it grows up, is not anymore red. is it possible??
i want my G. ROSEA. and im happy with it. :))
{D

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
im not finding any more colorful tarantula. my point is, im scared that my RCF rosea when it grows up, is not anymore red. is it possible??
i want my G. ROSEA. and im happy with it. :))
{D
Well, right after it molts, it will look like this.

After a year or more, it's colors begin to fade gradually.

...until it looks like this right before a molt.

So yeah, it won't turn into a different coilor form unless it was that to begin with. If I were you, I'd get a juvie if you can find one, so you can be sure it will be a RCF. If you get a sling, you might be waiting a few years to find out.

m0nay

Arachnopeon
Thank you hobo for your pictures! it greatly helped me.
one question, the color of your rosea is red. how come not all its bristles is red.some are white? :|
i definitely will have this one. but ill be having a sling. :|

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hobo, it also depends on your G.rosea RCF. I have a female that stays a great red colour until she molts (which she is nearing soon). Perhaps your photos wash out the colour, but mine seems to be more vibrant at premolt than yours even after she's faded substantially.

You can come check it out once I've settled into my new place in Vancouver next week. :D

jgod790

Arachnoknight
If you cant handle a G. rosea, you should not be handling T's at all. Unless you get one of the rare "psycho rosies". And duh there are colorful new worlds, but old worlds, over all are much more vibrant and colorful. Get over your self. This forum is not about making your self look like an expert and making others look like idiots. It is about learning from others, and helping others to the best of your ability.

Last edited:

m0nay

Arachnopeon
Hobo, it also depends on your G.rosea RCF. I have a female that stays a great red colour until she molts (which she is nearing soon). Perhaps your photos wash out the colour, but mine seems to be more vibrant at premolt than yours even after she's faded substantially.

You can come check it out once I've settled into my new place in Vancouver next week. :D
pls post some pictures here. i am really interested about your rosea. i hope i may have one that has a very red color. :D ill be waiting for your pics. :) thnak you for helping me. :D

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

If you cant handle a G. rosea, you should not be handling T's at all. Unless you get one of the rare "psycho rosies". And duh there are colorful new worlds, but old worlds, over all are much more vibrant and colorful. Get over your self. This forum is not about making your self look like an expert and making others look like idiots. It is about learning from others, and helping others to the best of your ability.
Yes. its about helping each other. i want to make my t very healthy so please, i need your supervisions. :D

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Welcome to my ignore list Mr. Troll.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
it's not that they're phycho it's that their unpredictable, at least mine are i have one that webs everywhere and if you touch her web she postures