Is this suitable for a C. Versicolor?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Yes I would put a decent amount more. More up high where it will likely web is definitely needed. In addition I always put a row around the substrate level and some on the top as well for added flow up and out as well as cross through.

JamThomas

Arachnopeon
Yes I would put a decent amount more. More up high where it will likely web is definitely needed. In addition I always put a row around the substrate level and some on the top as well for added flow up and out as well as cross through.
Thanks a lot, will do.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Heres an example of the type of ventilation I always do for avic types. It might be more than needed but ive never had a problem with adding a lot for avics. They all have lived happy healthy lives with tons of ventilation IMG_1368.JPG

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Looks fine to me. Keep the substrate dry, just overflow a water dish from time to time. None of my slings have cross ventilation and there has never been a single death.

Once they outgrow a 5.5 oz deli cup I do add cross ventilation though.

Last edited:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Placement of air holes is more important than the amount of holes tbh, the absolute bare minimum you want to ensure that air circulates throughout the whole enclosure is a row all around just above substrate level and about half a dozen to a dozen holes in the lid (feel free to add more holes on the sides if you want though), as warm air rises and escapes through the top it will pull fresh air through the holes lower down which prevents stagnant conditions, this is basically how Exo Terras and European style glass enclosures function.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Dear wise people of arachnoboards. I'm slightly concerned that this little enclosure I've got doesn't have enough air holes for a C. Versicolor. I know they need a lot but I was wondering if I needed to put more in this.
Thanks
- James
Add more holes to walls