Is this standard?

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
Just saw this Bearded Dragon unboxing on Instagram, the beardie was shipped in a tote bag!
C943A7E7-FF6B-4921-9FF6-4FCD42B67915.png
I’ve never received reptiles via post, I’d imagine they’d be packed in a plastic tub as/similar to inverts. Not rolled in a bag. Is this standard shipping?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I’m not sure, maybe that’s a thing!?? I’ve certainly never seen that before and wouldn’t expect it to be shipped like that either. But then again I’ve never ordered a reptile online before.

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
I’ve never ordered a reptile online before, but I think it is normal when shipping larger reptiles.

Egon

Arachnosquire
Yes, it’s very common to ship reptiles in a bag placed inside a tub or box.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Snakes and lizards can be transported in calico bags no problem, there is no issue with this packaging, the reptile has room to move in there, no hard surfaces it can be bumped into. I would rather see this then a beardie rattling around inside a plastic tub.
When I get feeders (crickets, roaches, superworms etc) online they are packed in small reptile bags which I re use for reptiles.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just saw this Bearded Dragon unboxing on Instagram, the beardie was shipped in a tote bag!
View attachment 350583
I’ve never received reptiles via post, I’d imagine they’d be packed in a plastic tub as/similar to inverts. Not rolled in a bag. Is this standard shipping?
Indeed it is. I've ordered herps before, not uncommon to get a bag of this type. They are incredibly common for herps, much like deli cups. They come in a range of sizes, usually 2-3$ at a herp show for sizes less than 10 ft.

This was tiny, 3-4 inches in length...
See above