is this sling ill??

dejey

Arachnopeon
hi there, i got a new sling back in april. its a giant white knee (acanthoscurria geniculata) and almost a cm, i found it in what i thought was a death curl, all its legs were tight underneath it,but as i was about to send it off to the great t heaven, i noticed the very slightest movement, so i put it in icu as described elsewhere on these forums, anyway after five long days and nights it slowly sarted to uncurl, after a week it was back on its feet, but since then it hasn't eaten, and when it walks it holds its abdomen really high, will this sling eventually eat and moult?? and is this normal?? this is over four weeks now
we got another sling from the same batch that is kept in the same conditions and that eats every other day and moulted at the time the other one was in icu, and is twice the size,
we also got a tiny salmon pink (acanthoscurria chacona) sling which is eating and is 0.5cm and seems healthy so i dont think its anything that i've done,
can any one offer any advice
thanks
xxx

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well, maybe you should leave it for a couple of weeks more and after that period you could try to feed it, but give it the enough humidity and ventilation possible... (what kind of prey are u offering to your sling?? maybe trying with some different)... good luck and success..

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
we got another sling from the same batch that is kept in the same conditions and that eats every other day
If you're feeding slings that often, you shouldn't be surprised when one doesn't eat. That's a pretty heavy diet.

The rest of the behavior I can't speak for, at first it sounded like dehydration, then I'm thinking maybe it was exposed to some kind of chemical irritant or substrate mite. Keep it hydrated, offer it a cricket once a week (remove if not eaten in 24 hours at most), and see what happens. As long as it isn't losing a lot of visible weight, it's perfectly fine.