Is this really a 3 3/4" Pulchra?

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
I bought a 3 3/4" Pulchra from (Zues9699) a pretty reputable dealer on this forum (paying full price of course), this is what I got. Is this really considered a 3 3/4" T??? The dealer says I have to measure cross ways and stretch the T's legs. Even then I couldn't get this girl to measure 3 3/4" without pulling her apart. I just really need some help and feedback from you guys. Am I insane or is this totally normal in this hobby??

Attachments

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think if he was fully spread out she would measure that. At the least I would say she's atleast 3 1/2", bug 3 3/4 looks pretty right IMO

Matt

flamesbane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If she was stretched out it looks like it would be right at 3.5"

How to measure DLS:

Last edited:

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's why I won't post sizing. I will take a picture against a ruler and let everyone else decide.

When measurements are so subjective, you kind of have to take a little tolerance with a grain of salt.

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
When you buy or sell tarantulas, there is always a +/- 1" tolerance implied in the size. I mean, who really has the time to stretch out and measure every T? On top of that, there is no real standard for measurement. Stretched? Relaxed? Diagonal? etc.

Personally, if it was advertised as 3.75", I would be happy with that T.

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That tarantula is approximate, no size is precise, you will find. I would have sold it as 3.5", based off the picture.

peterock44

Arachnopeon
perfectly accurate sizing is a difficult endeavor, i'd say yours is between 3 1/4-3 3/4 so that sounds about what you paid for. the same seller sold me my p.pulcher advertised at 4 in, but came in much closer to 5.

flamesbane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
when you buy or sell tarantulas, there is always a +/- 1" tolerance implied in the size. I mean, who really has the time to stretch out and measure every t? On top of that, there is no real standard for measurement. Stretched? Relaxed? Diagonal? Etc.

personally, if it was advertised as 3.75", i would be happy with that t.
1+.........

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I would have sold it as 3 in plus. 3 and 3/4 is pushing it in my opinion.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah... 3.75" is a bit pushing it.. 3.5" is what I would have labeled it..

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
Thanks for setting me straight

Thanks guys. I am new to the hobby, but getting deeper and deeper into it. Can’t seem to stay off this site. I was just a little butt hurt because there was a guy local that offered a four inch for the same price, but he really didn’t want to get rid of her, so I bought on-line. The pictures he sent me of his would have probably been more like a 6”. If I knew better I would have waited for him to come around. Thanks again. Live and learn.
PS: I am still very grateful to have her. She is beautiful and healthy.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks guys. I am new to the hobby, but getting deeper and deeper into it. Can’t seem to stay off this site. I was just a little butt hurt because there was a guy local that offered a four inch for the same price, but he really didn’t want to get rid of her, so I bought on-line. The pictures he sent me of his would have probably been more like a 6”. If I knew better I would have waited for him to come around. Thanks again. Live and learn.
PS: I am still very grateful to have her. She is beautiful and healthy.
I realize you may think its cool, but ease up on the innuendo though please... Lots of us have kids that read along to see what's happening as this is a lot of times a family hobby.

DemonAsh

Arachnosquire
I realize you may think its cool, but ease up on the innuendo though please... Lots of us have kids that read along to see what's happening as this is a lot of times a family hobby.
could have been a typo :)

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
Sorry. Didnt think I was out of line. Will be much more careful in the future.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry. Didnt think I was out of line. Will be much more careful in the future.
It's cool! there just happens to be a ton of 10 year olds all the way up to 13 year olds that are contributors here. Once they hit 14, they know it all already! :)

Oh, and once your pulchra molts next... WATCH OUT! That molt is going to be a BEAUTIFUL ONE! It's adult colors should be coming in nice and black!

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Based on these sizings, I really got a steal on my H. lividum then. I was calling it 3.5", but that's quite relaxed. She's at least 4.25"-4.5" stretched out. Bought her on sight for $35.00 . . . thinking I should go back for a few more now.