Is this powerfeeding?

Arachnethegreek

Arachnopeon
Ok, most t's are usually fed about once a week with a decent feed size, is it powerfeeding to feed a feeder insect every other day? Same amount of food but over a more frequent basis, will this negatively affect my t's health?

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There are tons of threads (and debates) on this issue already.

Feeding a T every other day is considered powerfeeding (by some people, anyway). I suggest you do a search and read the differing points of view on the subject.

Cass

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes that is power feeding, I tend to power feed slings up until they reach juvenile stages then I tend to start offering food less and less to slow there metabolism back down again, by doing this I personally think you are making the chances of losing a sling less, although this hasn't been proven. Some studies I have read about this method show that by power feeding in early stages of a tarantulas life can make the tarantula able to achieve a bigger adult size, of course this method has pro's and con's also the one main one being that people believe that it vastly speeds the tarantulas life up therefore it will die sooner than a tarantula that hasn't been power fed, although it has yet to be proven as far as I am aware.