Is this pandinus imperator?

Henk van der Meulen

Arachnopeon
IMG_5737.JPG IMG_5738.JPG IMG_5739.JPG Hi everyone,
I heard that at the moment heterometrus cyaneus is sold as pandinus imperator. Someone offered some imperators, but I want to be sure it's indeed pandinus imperator.
I don't know the differences very well myself, so does anyone know what species it is?
Thanks in advance!

Henk

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Which one? The first two pics have P. imperators in them, and the third one shows a Heterometrus species.

Henk van der Meulen

Arachnopeon
I got these pictures from the person selling them. They should all be p. imperator..
Are you sure that it's two different species?

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I got these pictures from the person selling them. They should all be p. imperator..
Are you sure that it's two different species?
Yeah the last scorpion looks nothing like the ones in the first two pictures. It's a different color, for one thing, and the shape and texture of the whole body and claws are totally different. But the first two pictures have P. imperators for sure.

Henk van der Meulen

Arachnopeon
Okay thanks!
I'll ask her to send a picture of each individual, and post them here, so that I'm sure I buy imperators.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
But the first two pictures have P. imperators for sure.
Untrue. The first two could be a number of Pandinus sp. or Pandinoides cavimanus.

All those pictures are taken off the internet. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a scam.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Untrue. The first two could be a number of Pandinus sp. or Pandinoides cavimanus.

All those pictures are taken off the internet. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a scam.
Taken off the internet? The OP said the breeder took them.

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Several things...

1.) Nobody is selling H. cyaneus as P. imperator, because almost nobody has H. cyaneus either.

2.) The scorpions in the first picture do appear to be P. imperator. They do not appear to be a Pandinoides species, or P. dictator. There are a couple other possible species they could be of course, but they're virtually unheard of in the hobby. In the second picture there appears to be one sub-adult Pandinus species (probably P. imperator) in the same enclosure with two Heterometrus species, which is a big no no. The third picture is of a H. petersii.

3.) I did a google search for the images and didn't find anything. Furthermore, even if you have seen the pictures online somewhere else, doesn't mean that the person in question didn't take the pictures. Some of my pictures will turn up if you google the scientific names of certain species, for example.