Is this okay?

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
I'd read that 1" slings should get prekilled or pinhead crickets.
But I tore the back legs off of a medium-large crick and dropped it in, and my 1" versi immediately pounced on it:

Was that okay or was it too much? That might sustain the versi for a whole week, cause that was a thanksgiving dinner. :p

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
as long as he ate it, i can't really see a problem with it. My CurlyHair sling does the same thing with medium sized crickets.

Granted, for a sling that size it really won't take much to get them into a pre-molt. So you probably won't have to feed him again.

Try back in a week with a smaller-medium sized one. If he takes it within 24 hours no worries. If he refuses he's probably getting ready to molt.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Na thats fine.... dont expect her to want to eat again any time soon. That big old meal might be enough to get her to the next molt.

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
Good. :D Not exactly interested in digging out uneaten crickets, so I'll wait.

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Granted, for a sling that size it really won't take much to get them into a pre-molt. So you probably won't have to feed him again.
How often will a little guy like that molt? Are you saying that one large meal like that would be enough to sustain it till it molts? I have a couple of 1 inchers that are eating like little piggies, should I be holding off on feeding them? Or will they just refuse the food when in premolt? No one has turned anything down yet.

I would appreciate any thoughts... sorry if this question is highjacking your thread Saddlepatch. :eek:

Pretty little spidey you have!

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How often will a little guy like that molt? Are you saying that one large meal like that would be enough to sustain it till it molts? I have a couple of 1 inchers that are eating like little piggies, should I be holding off on feeding them? Or will they just refuse the food when in premolt? No one has turned anything down yet.

I would appreciate any thoughts... sorry if this question is highjacking your thread Saddlepatch. :eek:

Pretty little spidey you have!

You can't over feed tarantulas they will keep eating until they are either full from eating or they are going to molt soon. so just keep feeding them until they start to refuse food then take the food out and try again in five days,..

rooster

Arachnopeon
I have a 1"+ versi, it would eat me out of house and home, I think, if Id let it. It eats everything that I put in the cage. Its molted twice, once on 2-10 and the second time on 4-2 and I think it has quadrupled in size in just the two molts!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If your sling ate it, it was sized okay. Versicolors tend to eat well anyway, so as long as the sling didn't have a problem taking the prey, you're good.