Is this okay to feed to my pink toe tarantula?

Zweck

Arachnopeon
Hey this will be my first time feeding my pink toe tarantula and I was wondering if I could give it one of these... This is also my first tarantula.

Attachments

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
You wanna offer your spider a live prey item such as a dubia roach, mealworm, superworm, or if you must... Crickets. of appropriate size of course.

Zweck

Arachnopeon
eh, i wouldnt, you could try fresh prekilled if you want. but i wouldnt if your spiders over 1", then they can handle live easily.
Alright can I give it live crickets from a fishing bait shop or is that safe?

Zweck

Arachnopeon
Yes, they typically use the same suppliers. I buy wax worms from bait shops all the time.
Alright thank you i didn't know if maybe they would have some chemical or something on them for fishing haha I over think stuff xD

cold blood

Staff member
Alright thank you i didn't know if maybe they would have some chemical or something on them for fishing haha I over think stuff xD
if that were the case fishermen would just be polluting as they fished. The fishing industry is very concious about the health and well being of our watersheds.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Yes, they typically use the same suppliers. I buy wax worms from bait shops all the time.
Agreed. Sighs ..... no bait stores close by, 1/2 hr. drive by freeway to nearest one. Plus last time I bought mealies, they were much cheaper than LPS. :)

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Hey this will be my first time feeding my pink toe tarantula and I was wondering if I could give it one of these... This is also my first tarantula.
What are these even intended for? Don't most animals like hunting?

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Maybe some of them are lazy? I bet my lazy little Marcus Aurelius would love this.
Or maybe it's for ailing or recovering animals who can't hunt?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Since it says 'gourmet style', it could also be for humans :D

Grasshopper chops, with a cajun marinade. A moist nutrional meal.
:wacky: