Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Is this ok?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by talljosh003, May 31, 2008.

1. talljosh003

talljosh003 Arachnodemon

Advertisement
    i have a baby emperor in a small deli container and for a heat source i figured why not set it next to the lamp on top? now could this be dangerous to the little guy or is it ok?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sorry for the bad quality it was taken on my phone

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2008
  2. JMoran1097

JMoran1097 Arachnoangel

Secondly, I don't see a problem with that but they don't need heat all the time. Monitor it closely and regulate its exposure.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2008
  3. skinheaddave

skinheaddave SkorpionSkin Arachnosupporter

I've fixed up the title and the images.

Cheers,
    Dave

4. You can always put the gladwear into the tank, there are air holes in it aren't there? The other scorp won't be able to open it and that tank is already ideal temps and humidity...

5. talljosh003

talljosh003 Arachnodemon

THANK YOU!!!{D

6. talljosh003

talljosh003 Arachnodemon

yeah there are little holes, but would he be able to regulate better in the tank? because wouldnt he be stuck on one side of the tank with only one temperature? idk how to really word my thoughts lol do u kinda get what i am getting at? :?

7. tabor

tabor Arachnoprince Old Timer

Put it in the tank, temp wise keep it no hotter then 88F, no colder then 75F, and keep the humidity as high as possible...He should do fine... Don't worry too much about regulations, these are scorpions..not kittens ;)

Hope this helps...

8. talljosh003

talljosh003 Arachnodemon

lol yes very much not like kittens. i was just wondering because i have read that they need to be able to regulate their temerature as they feel

9. mkieff

mkieff Arachnoknight

I think you are OK going either way. I would put it inside because it has less of a chance of falling off. Inside it is protected more.

BTW, nice layout. I like the setup you have there. The plants add to it.

10. talljosh003

talljosh003 Arachnodemon

thank you :) atirficial plants just dont do it for me like the live ones

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.