Is this normal?

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
It seems animals often go around the boundary of the tank so I move decorations just far enough away from the sides so they can go around everything.

artchic528

Arachnopeon
It seems animals often go around the boundary of the tank so I move decorations just far enough away from the sides so they can go around everything.
I moved the scorpion into a larger more permanent tank. He/she is in a 5.5 gallon tank with 4 inches of Exo Terra equatorial forest floor mixed with sphagnum peat moss. Here’s the setup! The scorpion is hiding under the half log. I also notice that he/she isn’t eating. Maybe I’m just not seeing when they do eat but I threw in 4 large crickets (dusted with calcium powder) and they went ignored.

E3C76C1B-E617-44E6-810B-0DBFF8F720AD.jpeg

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
Crickets can eat a molting scorpion, crush their heads (if you aren't already) before you put them in.

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
Grab the ones you can see and if you miss any put a carrot piece somewhere so they hopefully eat that instead of the scorpion if it decides to molt.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
I moved the scorpion into a larger more permanent tank. He/she is in a 5.5 gallon tank with 4 inches of Exo Terra equatorial forest floor mixed with sphagnum peat moss. Here’s the setup! The scorpion is hiding under the half log. I also notice that he/she isn’t eating. Maybe I’m just not seeing when they do eat but I threw in 4 large crickets (dusted with calcium powder) and they went ignored.
FYI you don't need to dust your crickets with calcium. Scorpions don't require the calcium supplementation that is needed by reptiles, because they don't have bones or make calcified eggs.

artchic528

Arachnopeon
FYI you don't need to dust your crickets with calcium. Scorpions don't require the calcium supplementation that is needed by reptiles, because they don't have bones or make calcified eggs.
I heard molting scorpions need extra calcium when molting?

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
I heard molting scorpions need extra calcium when molting?
Nope. There's no calcium in their exoskeleton. Scorpions never need calcium supplementation. I mean it's not going to hurt it, so you can do it if you want to waste money, but it's not helping the scorpion.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
The exoskeleton is made of chitin, so as stated before, calcium powder has no benefits.