*** Is this normal- lol? ***

ranglo211

Arachnopeon
I'm new to the hobby. Have 5 slings: g.pulchripes, gbb, b.smithi, euathlus blue, and a chinese fawn. They are growing fairly quick especially my chaco golden knee! The thing is when they are small slings they are adorable!.. As they molt and grow I am beginning to be scared of them. The fear of T's are starting to become a reality-lol!! Is this normal??

MIC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It is absolutely normal, but you must fight it. There is no need to be scared of them as long as you respect them and the way they could act. Tarantulas are dispay animals and there is no need to handle them, so there isn't any risk to be injured, by them, if you follow this simple rule. With time you will discover that this natural fear will dιsappear and you will be ready even to handle them (if absolutely necessary).

This is exactly what happened to me. :)

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I know how it feels just respect them and be careful :) Its awsome to see T's grow actually

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's normal. Try and do more and more research though. It will help you realize they really aren't as scary as some people think. Like was said, respect them and you will be ok.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i felt the same about my pokies, until i realized as long as you respect them and go about maintence and feeding porperly and aren't distracted, there's not so much to worry about.

three out of your five are well known "beginner" Ts, and for the most part are normally docile individuals. same with euathlus sp. from everything i've been told. so enjoy letting them grow under your care and as long as you respect them, you should be fine imo :)

jdmjames

Arachnopeon
normal, i was scared to hold my skittish e. campestratus until i manned up the first time and moved her now im over it but it was bad lol shes about 4inches and that was the first time i ever held a T.

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My first T was a gift and at first I was scared as hell but between Arachnoboards, researching on my own, and just being around them I got over it.

It passes. Just be careful you don't let being scared of them get one hurt, like handling one and then dropping it or something when it does something unexpected.

In fact it's better just to NOT handle them.

ranglo211

Arachnopeon
This site is theee best! Thx for all ur comments,... I will def take it to consideration! I luv my t's.. they are truly a part of me, prolly no matter what.. lol