Is this molds?

Rentz

Arachnopeon
I read that some pf the molds are not bad for tarantulas. I saw these in one of the encluse of my ts. Is thid good or bad? Help pls

Attachments

Jess S

Arachnobaron
The only time I've seen green mould like that it was on a piece of wood. No idea if it's harmful or not, but I would remove whatever object it's growing out of, at the very least.

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
Yes, that is mold. A little bit of mold is not thought to be harmful, but I agree with @Jess S that you should remove it before it spreads.

Gurantula

Arachnosquire
That mold is probably a type of Trichoderma. Just be careful removing it for your sake. If you are allergic to it or if it happens to be a type of Aspergillus you could be in some trouble. Don't breathe deeply when removing it.

Whiplash Girlchild

Arachnopeon
A good way to keep out mold is to make sure your wood has been oven treated and the greatest little helpers, springtails. Springtails will eat mold and fungus and are easy to keep and sustain.

Rentz

Arachnopeon
Theres no available spring tails in here. Can i use c. Murina? Is that effective to remove molds like that?

Jess S

Arachnobaron
I once stupidly used a piece of driftwood in a moist enclosure. Took 3 days to start sprouting a black and green mould, which by day 5 had turned bright green and was spreading on the substrate, down towards half an inch from where the t was burrowed. I did a full rehouse and went back to using cork bark. Lesson learned!