Is this mesh tight enough for this terrarium?

ScaredOfThem

Arachnopeon
Is this metal mesh *too loose*?
Should I double it?

Got leca on the bottom and will Be ABG on top as substrate.
How do I hide that mess to be visible from the sides and front? Can I put fake moss? Is fake moss prone to mold?

20220120_181208.jpg

20220120_182006.jpg

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I don't think it's too loose. Do you need such a big piece? Just cut the size down so it lays flat on the leca. What are you putting in there? Some animals can get legs caught in screen, provided they can dig down under the substrate.

ScaredOfThem

Arachnopeon
I don't think it's too loose. Do you need such a big piece? Just cut the size down so it lays flat on the leca. What are you putting in there? Some animals can get legs caught in screen, provided they can dig down under the substrate.
For now just a terrarium with plants, eventually maybe a mantis., for some reason I was under the impression the substrate can't mix with the leca. And that the mesh had to be curled up to hold substrates.. Maybe I'm overthinking it? You recommend one layer and flat?

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Yeah, I think you're right about curling it up a bit, but it sure makes it visible. Maybe just a 1/2" lip all around? Yes, one layer is enough. Mantises won't get stuck in it.

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
20220213_152708.jpg This is the most versatile stuff I've ever found! It's a flexible plastic. I use it to cover the screen that I put over leca or vermiculite - whichever I use as a drainage layer. I started using it as a detractor when building set ups fir fossorial spiders.