Is this Leirus Quinquestriatus Typical Morph?

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
I just wanted to confirm if this is a typical morph. And if you have typical morph as well, can i please see itfor comparison, 1st pic is male and 2nd pic is female, both i7. Thanks!
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG] 20170414_013853.jpg 20170414_013841.jpg

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's possible. Leiurus is a difficult genus to judge by color as they can range quite a bit.

Where did you get them from? And do you happen to know where these particular specimens originate?

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Also there are no morphs or subspecies from the genus Leiurus. There was a large restructuring of the genus a few years back and a few subspecies were elevated to species.

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
It's possible. Leiurus is a difficult genus to judge by color as they can range quite a bit.

Where did you get them from? And do you happen to know where these particular specimens originate?
I got it from a friend of mine, honestly i dont know where it came from bec it was imported to us few years ago. . .

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
90% sure it is Leiurus quinquestriatus.

The other species have only started becoming available in Europe with a few exports here and there. If you can get a clear picture of the 5th metasomal segment and dorsal shot of the carapace I might be able to help a bit more.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with brandon. They, like many other scorpions, come in many different colorations, but that doesnt mean it is a particular morph.

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
90% sure it is Leiurus quinquestriatus.

The other species have only started becoming available in Europe with a few exports here and there. If you can get a clear picture of the 5th metasomal segment and dorsal shot of the carapace I might be able to help a bit more.
let me take a picture of it once i get home,