Is this kind of mold bad for millipedes?

ArtisticAardwolf

Arachnosquire
I noticed this mold on the branch in my millipede terrarium. Is it dangerous? If all goes well I will have my florida ivory millipedes tomorrow, and I wonder if I should remove it? Or even change out all the soil?

Attachments

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Are the brown dots the mold? It's hard to see from the photo. White fuzzy mold is generally harmless in small amounts and is easily removed by the introduction of springtails, but I don't have much experience with other kinds of mold.

Hope this helps,

Arthroverts

ArtisticAardwolf

Arachnosquire
Are the brown dots the mold? It's hard to see from the photo. White fuzzy mold is generally harmless in small amounts and is easily removed by the introduction of springtails, but I don't have much experience with other kinds of mold.

Hope this helps,

Arthroverts
Yes most of the brown dots are mold

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Hmm. Springtails should clear it up, but if you are worried you can bake it in the oven at 200-250F for 30-60 minutes or so. Unless it is all through the substrate you shouldn't have to change it.
Fresh wood/leaves are often attacked by various kinds of mold, so unless it is growing rampantly or has a particularly strong odor, it is usually harmless.

Hope this helps,

Arthroverts

Polenth

Arachnobaron
Wood often has interesting fungi. They come in all sorts of colours. They're not something I worry about and I haven't had any sudden die-offs. I wouldn't worry about it.