Is this enough ventilation for Cubaris sp.?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
4 holes on 2 sides, holes are 1/8”, would this be enough or add more/less?
52DDAAF9-26CB-4737-A21A-722764E083E3.jpeg

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Ohhhh, getting into isopods? I am getting some too!

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah can’t wait, I had some local species but now getting rubber ducks and panda kings.
Since it is my first time keeping them, I wanted to start out easy to afford ones before I move on to a bit pricy ones, to see how it goes. So I got myself ordered Porcellio laevis ‘Dairy Cow’ isopods for now.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Since it is my first time keeping them, I wanted to start out easy to afford ones before I move on to a bit pricy ones, to see how it goes. So I got myself ordered Porcellio laevis ‘Dairy Cow’ isopods for now.
Nice, I like the cheaper ones too, eventually I want to collect some of the powder blues and dairy cows and zebras.

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
I would put a few holes in the lid on the same end.

Duckies burrow a lot and like it damp, but never soggy. Mine like to burrow under the live moss I have in their bin. I keep 2/: of their bin damp.

Panda king like it a little dryer. I only keep 1/3 of their bin damp. You will find them more forgiving and prolific than duckies.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I would put a few holes in the lid on the same end.

Duckies burrow a lot and like it damp, but never soggy. Mine like to burrow under the live moss I have in their bin. I keep 2/: of their bin damp.

Panda king like it a little dryer. I only keep 1/3 of their bin damp. You will find them more forgiving and prolific than duckies.
Where do you get the live moss? i will add 4 more holes on each side of the lid.

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
I collect it from our property. The visiting armadillos frequently dig it up.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I collect it from our property. The visiting armadillos frequently dig it up.
Is it the carpet moss we have around here? Can you share a picture? I probably have some in my area since we are both in bama.

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
As long as it is herbicide and pesticide free, it should be fine. I use a variety...carpet, pillow, pincushion, etc... 0496017A-CCF5-4759-9625-214FE386FD70.jpeg D35361BD-E048-493A-9F8E-1B7B2AD33436.jpeg D89392E6-A207-4E25-A953-74799280C4E3.jpeg

ConstancePlants

Arachnopeon
I actually started out with a similar amount of ventilation but ended up having a little mold growth that my springtails weren't keeping up with so I added a few more to each side on the dry end of my containers. I have cubaris rubber duckies, panda kings, white tigers, pak chong and cappuccino. So far it's been fine since I added the extra ventilation, I just have to check to make sure the spag moss on the wet end stays damp a little more often.