Is this enclosure too small?

alf89757

Arachnopeon
I started keeping T's not too long ago, and I've been keeping my G. Rosea in this enclosure, but it seems kinda small for her, so I was wondering if it's necessary to get a bigger one. I actually have a slightly larger one setup, but its ventilation is not as good, so I'm just wondering if I should use it?

Attachments

Lawnmower599

Arachnosquire
I started keeping T's not too long ago, and I've been keeping my G. Rosea in this enclosure, but it seems kinda small for her, so I was wondering if it's necessary to get a bigger one. I actually have a slightly larger one setup, but its ventilation is not as good, so I'm just wondering if I should use it?
its looking a bit on the small side
i would upgrade its home to the other one
you could solder of drill some holes into the lid of the other enclosure for more ventilation and it would be ok i would say ;)

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd agree, it's a little small. The other one should be fine, don't worry too much about the ventilation.

alf89757

Arachnopeon
I don't know if this is due to bad ventilation, but today I just saw a little white insect in the large enclosure that looks very much like a grasshopper. It was trying to climb the side and when i disturbed it, it started jumping around, so I'm pretty sure it was a grasshopper. Do you have any idea what it is?
And I'll drill some holes on the lid so there'd be better ventilation for future housing T purposes.

Bumblingbear

Arachnopeon
I don't know if this is due to bad ventilation, but today I just saw a little white insect in the large enclosure that looks very much like a grasshopper. It was trying to climb the side and when i disturbed it, it started jumping around, so I'm pretty sure it was a grasshopper. Do you have any idea what it is?
And I'll drill some holes on the lid so there'd be better ventilation for future housing T purposes.
If you feed your tarantula crickets, it could be a cricket that molted.

As for the size... any other spider I would say it's on the small side for, but an average G. rosea does not need a lot of space. They don't really move much... well, most of them.

Rose Hairs are weird.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You should provide more dirt for your rosea - they can be burrowers if they choose too :) mine was :) however, i also kept mine is a enclosure twice as wide as that... along with a proper hide. The length is fine, so my only suggestion is you fine a critter keeper or tub that is wider. Woo

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've kept G. rosea for years in similar sizes and setups without any issues at all. I say you are good to go..