Is this enclosure suitable for a Grammostola pulchra ?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's ok- it's overly cluttered with junk from the hobby lobby.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Those are fake little flowers I found at Hobby Lobby. I rinsed all the decor before using it.
Yeah they look like those circular loofah sponges haha that’s why I wanted to see it with The lid off . I doubted that’s what they were just looks similar :rofl: :artist: .. you never know I’ve seen strange enclosures mine own included .

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
Too cluttered but overall ok. Make sure there's a hide in there. G pulchra don't need anything special, just yout avg terrestrial NW T enclosure with a water dish.

vancwa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As others said, 'too cluttered'. Too many places for crickets to wedge into. A hide is more important than decor. Clear floor space is best.

AlexVevo

Arachnopeon
As others said, 'too cluttered'. Too many places for crickets to wedge into. A hide is more important than decor. Clear floor space is best.
I’ve already begun removing some of the decor and moss. I plan on removing the bit black rose on the top left soon with a hide

It's ok- it's overly cluttered with junk from the hobby lobby.
How’s this looking ?

Too cluttered but overall ok. Make sure there's a hide in there. G pulchra don't need anything special, just yout avg terrestrial NW T enclosure with a water dish.
I made some changes

Attachments

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
Better now. Crickets could still hide in the purple flower so personally I'd remove it but it's not too bad

AlexVevo

Arachnopeon
Better now. Crickets could still hide in the purple flower so personally I'd remove it but it's not too bad
Thank you I might. Is there anything else I can do to make it perfect? I’ve thought about buying some moss and desert stone from thebiodude

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
Thank you I might. Is there anything else I can do to make it perfect? I’ve thought about buying some moss and desert stone from thebiodude
G pulchra likes it a smidge moist but it's not a moisture dependant species in my experience, so moss might not be needed, unless of course you intend it for aesthetics.

G pulchra is hardy and easy to keep which is part of why it's good for beginners. All you need is a proper size, ventilated enclosure, cocoa fiber substrate (you could also use regular topsoil but mix it with sphagnum peat moss 1:1 to make it more mold resistant), and a water dish. For moisture just make sure you overflow the water dish for like 5 seconds every week or 2 depending on how long it takes for it to dry.. that's it.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
dump the flower - waste of space.
Yeah and what the heck is this net thing ? I circled it & the flower.. it may be fine I’m just lost what the heck it is but I’d remove or bury it more so the t has more space to roam. :rofl:
In an adult tank the flower would fit better if op is dead set on having them . Or maybe get a vase of fake flowers and put it behind the tank. Nice enclosure though not sure we’re people buy them , do they last long ?
IMG_2041.jpeg

AlexVevo

Arachnopeon
Yeah and what the heck is this net thing ? I circled it & the flower.. it may be fine I’m just lost what the heck it is but I’d remove or bury it more so the t has more space to roam. :rofl:
In an adult tank the flower would fit better if op is dead set on having them . Or maybe get a vase of fake flowers and put it behind the tank. Nice enclosure though not sure we’re people buy them , do they last long ?
View attachment 447278
It’s some weird flowery thingy decor I found at hobby lobby looking for small decor. I think imma remove the purple one but I wanna keep atleast one piece of decor

dump the flower - waste of space.
I think imma get rid of the purple but keep the black one probably it seems to like it.

G pulchra likes it a smidge moist but it's not a moisture dependant species in my experience, so moss might not be needed, unless of course you intend it for aesthetics.

G pulchra is hardy and easy to keep which is part of why it's good for beginners. All you need is a proper size, ventilated enclosure, cocoa fiber substrate (you could also use regular topsoil but mix it with sphagnum peat moss 1:1 to make it more mold resistant), and a water dish. For moisture just make sure you overflow the water dish for like 5 seconds every week or 2 depending on how long it takes for it to dry.. that's it.
Currently I’m using thebiodude substrate with a moist layer on the bottom with a bit of moss and leaf litter and some dry substrate on the top. I’d like to have the moss for the bottom layer because it’s better than the one I have rn and for aesthetics.

AlexVevo

Arachnopeon
View attachment 447278
Also the enclosure is from tarantula cribs.I got rid of the purple flower but kept the black one.