Is this enclosure suitable for a 1/2" to 1" Avic Juruensis sling?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It should be fine espceially for the 1in size, I always like to have two things prepared incase its the typical seller over-estimated size deal.

Other than size i might add some other fake leaves towards the top of the bark for it to web up. its got a few things looks like glued to it, but not much in the way of plant cover up high around the top of the corkbark.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey guys, just want to clear up if this is optimal before the sling arrives. I've made a previous post in similar fashion so if you're experiencing dejavu its probably why.
Why not post in your original thread?

If that's a 32 oz deli that's a bit large for my liking, but it will probably work if you make sure it has eaten.

I use small Thorton vials will holes drilled vertically and cork slab- never ever failed me in decades of Avics.

Seemannnni

Arachnoknight
Why not post in your original thread?

If that's a 32 oz deli that's a bit large for my liking, but it will probably work if you make sure it has eaten.

I use small Thorton vials will holes drilled vertically and cork slab- never ever failed me in decades of Avics.
I did but I didn't really feel inclined to bump it since no one ever ended up getting back to me lol, but yeah I think feeding should be a breeze given I mostly feed prekilled mealworms.

Seemannnni

Arachnoknight
It should be fine espceially for the 1in size, I always like to have two things prepared incase its the typical seller over-estimated size deal.

Other than size i might add some other fake leaves towards the top of the bark for it to web up. its got a few things looks like glued to it, but not much in the way of plant cover up high around the top of the corkbark.
Gotcha, I attempted at adding some cover but nothing is glued in so I couldn't really pack it and keep it stable. I'll see what can be done. Thanks for the help!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I did but I didn't really feel inclined to bump it since no one ever ended up getting back to me lol, but yeah I think feeding should be a breeze given I mostly feed prekilled mealworms.
I've never had luck with prekilled mealworms with Avics. They drop to the bottom and that's it. Good luck w/that.

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
I agree on size. I have an A. avic, and I wish I would have went a bit smaller for ease of maintenance n feeding, but mostly for the sense of security.

Seemannnni

Arachnoknight
Why upside down? Seems like a terrible pain for nothing.
The top is detachable, to which I can do maintenance on the ground like refilling water or inserting prey without disturbing the T. It stays near the top, and now since I don't need to open it and disturb it every time I need to do something, it makes both lives easier. There's a decreased bolt chance, it's easier to get inside, etc. Watch this Tom Moran video if you haven't already.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
The top is detachable, to which I can do maintenance on the ground like refilling water or inserting prey without disturbing the T. It stays near the top, and now since I don't need to open it and disturb it every time I need to do something, it makes both lives easier. There's a decreased bolt chance, it's easier to get inside, etc. Watch this Tom Moran video if you haven't already.
Oh interesting. I might try that sometime.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
I had my C. versicolor in an inverted amac box and it worked really well.