Is this enclosure setup suitable for a caribena versicolor sling? Hot poked holes, but did I go overboard?

lando2bespin

Arachnopeon
I know these slings are particularly vulnerable. I hot poked quite a few holes; nothing large enough where the t could escape though. I hear good cross ventilation is key here, but just want to make sure I didn't go overboard? I know it doesn't look the nicest with the hot poked holes, but maybe it'll be effective until a rehouse? See pics. Thanks!! 😀

Attachments

lando2bespin

Arachnopeon
Well, we were actually trying to replicate the bonny and Clyde vehicle! Jk. Lol. I was actually wondering about a water dish, but it's so small still. Maybe I can find something quite small to put in there, though, to work as one. Thanks!!

Looks like your spider got in a shootout. Lol
It will work fine. Provide a water dish.

MeMack

Arachnopeon
Just drip water on the plant and the T will drink it when it feels like it, Though I would say drip water on the sides but that can't be done 🤣.

EvilTrailMix

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was actually wondering about a water dish, but it's so small still. Maybe I can find something quite small to put in there, though, to work as one.
Looks like plenty of ventilation to me! Just keep the substrate dry and provide a water dish and you shouldn't have any issues. Bottle caps work well as water dishes for slings.

cold blood

Staff member
People often over do ventilation...it shouldnt be a problem.

Although its venting thats stressed, its really air movement, or flow thats important...this can be done with a lot less ventilation than the masses would typically lead you to believe.

lando2bespin

Arachnopeon
People often over do ventilation...it shouldnt be a problem.

Although its venting thats stressed, its really air movement, or flow thats important...this can be done with a lot less ventilation than the masses would typically lead you to believe.
Thanks!! I think I'm gonna redo the with the same kinda amek enclosure with everything else but even out the ventilation just so it all looks a bit nicer. Think I mighta overdone it a bit here. Hahaha. 😀