Is this enclosure ok?

Beggottenson

Arachnoknight
this enclosure if for my Arizona blonde which is my first and not for long only tarantula, substrate is 4 inches deep and is cocofiber, it is dry and I usually spray a mist near the water bowl once a week, does this look ok?

Attachments

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
No need to spray, just keep the bowl full. Add more substrate, that looks like a long fall. Also, is that a heat mat I see? Is it controlled by a thermostat so it won’t cook your T? Heating is only needed if your room gets too cold. If you’re comfy, so is the T

Beggottenson

Arachnoknight
No need to spray, just keep the bowl full. Add more substrate, that looks like a long fall. Also, is that a heat mat I see? Is it controlled by a thermostat so it won’t cook your T? Heating is only needed if your room gets too cold. If you’re comfy, so is the T
It’s just my light not a heat mat haha, thanks for your response!!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
As @AnObeseHippo said, just add a bit more substrate until the gap between the top of the substrate and the top of the enclosure doesn't exceed 1.5x the tarantula's diagonal leg span (measured from the tip of a front leg to the tip of the rear leg on the other side, the gap shouldn't be more than 4.5" for a 3" spider for example). There's no need to mist this species ever, just keep the water dish full.